The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
better than the jan one but what did u write for the lsat question?
Reply 2
kieran_s
better than the jan one but what did u write for the lsat question?

I wrote the total volume of air in the capillaries and alveoli is high so large surface area
Aleveolar epithelium and capillary wall is one cell thick so reduced diffusion pathway
Many blood vessels so large surface area
Many capillaries so large surface area
Ventilation- breathing movements carries oxygen in low concentration and removes oxygen in high concentration so a diffusion gradient is maintained.
What about you?
Reply 3
what did you write for the golgi apparatus question...soooo stuck on that one, gave up in the end.
Reply 4
Vanny17
I wrote the total volume of air in the capillaries and alveoli is high so large surface area
Aleveolar epithelium and capillary wall is one cell thick so reduced diffusion pathway
Many blood vessels so large surface area
Many capillaries so large surface area
Ventilation- breathing movements carries oxygen in low concentration and removes oxygen in high concentration so a diffusion gradient is maintained.
What about you?

ahhh...i ran out of time and briefly read the question while answering! lol
i just put down ficks law
Reply 5
Stupid HPV question. looool
Reply 6
chipsnfish
what did you write for the golgi apparatus question...soooo stuck on that one, gave up in the end.

I wrote EFJ because MRNA comes out of the nuclear pore then the RER synthesises the proteins finally the proteins are modified by the golgi apparatus
Reply 7
These exams are always 'bent'.

There will be low grade boundaries.

Don't worry. :h:
Reply 8
kieran_s
ahhh...i ran out of time and briefly read the question while answering! lol
i just put down ficks law

Yes, you could get 2 marks for that.
Reply 9
what did you put for the arteries question about the lumen?
ohh and the hpv ones??
Reply 10
zimmobug
what did you put for the arteries question about the lumen?
ohh and the hpv ones??

I put something about coronary artery being blocked, so less oxygen to the heart muscle, starvation of oxygen then leads to the death of the heart muscle.

I wrote that HPV is a protein that attaches to the receptors of a cell membrane then it stimulates the production of antibodies

I wrote that there would be a longer lasting effect( secondary response)
More memory cells to recognise the virus when it attacks again and more antibodies production
Reply 11
I thought it was OK. I have a tendency to rush these things and I forget to put down important infomation. Oh well, If I ****** it up I'll just do a retake next year, lol.
Reply 12
fink
I thought it was OK. I have a tendency to rush these things and I forget to put down important infomation. Oh well, If I ****** it up I'll just do a retake next year, lol.

I used to panic when doing exams but now it is to a minimum and i have seen the benefits of it, don't stress yourself out when doing exams, be positive, the grade boundaries might drop:smile:
Reply 13
zimmobug
what did you put for the arteries question about the lumen??

Increased blood pressure, hypertension leads to strain put on the heart. As well as risk of penetration into the lumen casuing blood clot which can form an embolism and move in to a coronary artery = potential myocardial infarction, part of the heart recieves little oxygen and dies.
Reply 14
OMG guys that was easy wasn't it? I just got a bit stuck on the chocolate(cholesterol) experiment :biggrin:DDD
Reply 15
w04andia
Stupid HPV question. looool

What did you write for movement of substances into the cell membrane?
*MJ*
These exams are always 'bent'.

There will be low grade boundaries.

Don't worry. :h:

True, I once got 29/45, which was an A* :lol:
Reply 17
for the movement I wrote

Lipid soluble diffusion through the Phospholipid bilayer
Facilitated diffusion of water soluble substances and ion through protein channels and carriers (intrinsic protein) Down their conc. gradient (passive)
Active transport of substance against a conc. gradient through a carrier protein using ATP manufactured in the mitochondria.(active)

Did I miss out anything?
Reply 18
RodrigoB
for the movement I wrote

Lipid soluble diffusion through the Phospholipid bilayer
Facilitated diffusion of water soluble substances and ion through protein channels and carriers (intrinsic protein) Down their conc. gradient (passive)
Active transport of substance against a conc. gradient through a carrier protein using ATP manufactured in the mitochondria.(active)

Did I miss out anything?

probably not, i added movement of water by osmosis, but i dont think that ill get any marks for this tbh, i was overinformative in this question i guess ^^
Reply 19
RodrigoB
OMG guys that was easy wasn't it? I just got a bit stuck on the chocolate(cholesterol) experiment :biggrin:DDD

Me too, what was the question and what did you write?
Also, what was the answer to the question about random selection and control experiment?

Latest

Trending

Trending