The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

In2deep
To all you people moaning, I've done 12 papers already and have 4 left:s-smilie:

Chem4 tomorrow and C4 after that.

:colonhash:

Exactly same here 3 to go !!!!!!!!!
had 12! of which 2 I'll probably get c to e . :s-smilie:
oh btw whats FML ? :s-smilie:
Good luck with it bro!
Reply 81
He's probably doing what I almost ended up doing, Resitting almost all of his AS and A2 modules, I had 6 exams in January and I had 11 to do in May/June I now have 6 left. :cool:
Reply 82
do many people think our coursework marks will get moderated down alot this year or not, last year i remember them going down by 4 or something?
Reply 83
hey anyone share the answer on the epistasis/sex linkage/genetic diagram question? So frustrated, ive been able to do genetic diagrams all year but that one confused me! :|

Thought the exam was average, didnt like question on homebox etc done nothing about that, and hate "suggest" questions.
Reply 84
hopes
do many people think our coursework marks will get moderated down alot this year or not, last year i remember them going down by 4 or something?

That depends how on your teachers and how well they can mark, not a country-wide thing. Soo no-one can answer you on that, apart from your teacher possibly
Reply 85
What did you lot write for the question about why will there be an increase in the amont of people with the ddr4 receptor.
Reply 86
ollydabomb
That depends how on your teachers and how well they can mark, not a country-wide thing. Soo no-one can answer you on that, apart from your teacher possibly

ah right thanks mate :smile: did any of ur teachers or do you have any rought estimates to what the ums would be for the specific grade boundaries? x
Reply 87
I actually thought the paper was good :smile:
SeanFMT
Binds to the allopatric site and therefore changes the tertiary structure.

Allosteric :P

Allopatric is to do with speciation.

There was just so many little things in this that I did wrong, (I'm an obsessive book checker after the exam), like electron transmission rather than scanning.

Urrrgh I really hope I've got an A in this. I NEED an A
ollydabomb

Errm no it is country-wide. Your teachers mark it and then all the marks are sent to OCR and like the written exams, the top however many percent will get an A etc.
OCS
What did you lot write for the question about why will there be an increase in the amont of people with the ddr4 receptor.

i talked about genetic drift, but its probably wanted a simple logical answer :yep:
i can understand why they made the paper the way it is, but its makes the scores so variable, for example a student in my class did the bare minimum revision and from his answers he's got a B.

i spent hours on end, and im worried i got an E.

another student who revised nothing found it hard

one that revised alot found it easy

its so weird, and what i hate was when this guy said that the centers could teach students this style of exam (in the jan reports they kinda blamed centres) and my teacher didnt know about the "spec' till we told her.

for those who found it easy, im happy for you whether or not you revised, a grades a grade.

i think ive actually lost my chance at medicine, i think the only reason this isnt on the news again is because its already happened in jan :frown:
SeanFMT
Binds to the allopatric site and therefore changes the tertiary structure.

Allosteric site?
Reply 93
CHILLIN-DRAGON
i can understand why they made the paper the way it is, but its makes the scores so variable, for example a student in my class did the bare minimum revision and from his answers he's got a B.

i spent hours on end, and im worried i got an E.

another student who revised nothing found it hard

one that revised alot found it easy

its so weird, and what i hate was when this guy said that the centers could teach students this style of exam (in the jan reports they kinda blamed centres) and my teacher didnt know about the "spec' till we told her.

for those who found it easy, im happy for you whether or not you revised, a grades a grade.

i think ive actually lost my chance at medicine, i think the only reason this isnt on the news again is because its already happened in jan :frown:

I feel like this too mate. Ive got a chem exam tomorrow and don't feel up to it at all. How did the majority find it in ur school and did the teachers comment on any kind of boundaries or difficulty?
hopes
I feel like this too mate. Ive got a chem exam tomorrow and don't feel up to it at all. How did the majority find it in ur school and did the teachers comment on any kind of boundaries or difficulty?

i dont know, im so depressed even for chem, i did'nt get to see the teachers but i think i lost my offer for medicine :frown:
Reply 95
CHILLIN-DRAGON
i talked about genetic drift, but its probably wanted a simple logical answer :yep:

I just talked about how people may find these people more attractive and they will breed more, then I added genetic drift to it.
Anyone gonna make an unofficial mark scheme?
Reply 97
I hated that exam paper. I revised like there's no tomorrow for that test =(
The 8 mark questions were good.. I think I lost quite a few marks on the 2/3 mark questions.
I messed up big time on that chi square test and genetics problem page. I dunno what on earth happened...I was kicking myself afterwards
I was really annoyed nothing came up on the brain and muscles - my teacher guaranteed something will come up on that...
Reply 98
ice cube
I hated that exam paper. I revised like there's no tomorrow for that test =(
The 8 mark questions were good.. I think I lost quite a few marks on the 2/3 mark questions.
I messed up big time on that chi square test and genetics problem page. I dunno what on earth happened...I was kicking myself afterwards
I was really annoyed nothing came up on the brain and muscles - my teacher guaranteed something will come up on that...

i know how you feel mate :frown: did your teacher say anything about her/his thoughts on the paper and whether or not the boundaries will be low? i completely messed up the squirrel question aswell missed out keywords like carrying capacity and limiting factors etc :frown:
Reply 99
hopes
i know how you feel mate :frown: did your teacher say anything about her/his thoughts on the paper and whether or not the boundaries will be low? i completely messed up the squirrel question aswell missed out keywords like carrying capacity and limiting factors etc :frown:

I went to see my teacher afterwards and he went through the paper with me. That was awful to do though, I missed out on stupid marks and I too missed out on keywords.
He said he thought it was a fair paper..he said it was more then fair because it wasn't really synoptic as they didn't draw in much AS stuff. I did ask him about grade bounderies and he said that if the whole country does pretty awful then they will lower the grade bounderies but not significantly..only by a few marks.

Latest

Trending

Trending