The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan/Migrant worker

Hey,
I am receiving the maintenance loan as a migrant worker. Was approved for next academic year as well.

Also I was informed that my place of work is closing down on the 6th of June
But now they say its been moved up to the 16th of May.

I have started applying for new jobs, but it is unlikely I will have something by the 16th of this month.

Would this affect my funding?
Any advice is appreciated.
Original post by morelazythanwoke
Hey,
I am receiving the maintenance loan as a migrant worker. Was approved for next academic year as well.

Also I was informed that my place of work is closing down on the 6th of June
But now they say its been moved up to the 16th of May.

I have started applying for new jobs, but it is unlikely I will have something by the 16th of this month.

Would this affect my funding?
Any advice is appreciated.

Hi there, if you are changing jobs we would need to see evidence of this. You would need to send your P45, Contract of Employment for your new workplace once this is available and any available payslips for your new employment. If you don't get a job right away you would need to send evidence of applying for jobs for the team to review. I would advise to upload this with a cover letter explaining the situation for the team to review. Thanks, Karen
Also are there any requirements to the type of contract I should have to continue receiving the maintenance? (zero-hours, 8 hour contract etc) My current one is a 32 hour contract. Is there a minimum number of hours i should work per week?
Original post by morelazythanwoke
Also are there any requirements to the type of contract I should have to continue receiving the maintenance? (zero-hours, 8 hour contract etc) My current one is a 32 hour contract. Is there a minimum number of hours i should work per week?

We would advise a minimum of around 10- 15 per week. This is just a guideline. The team will review your continued eligibility for funding once the evidence has been received. Thanks, Karen
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, if you are changing jobs we would need to see evidence of this. You would need to send your P45, Contract of Employment for your new workplace once this is available and any available payslips for your new employment. If you don't get a job right away you would need to send evidence of applying for jobs for the team to review. I would advise to upload this with a cover letter explaining the situation for the team to review. Thanks, Karen[/QUOT

Hey,
I'm due to finish my studies at the end of this academic year which started in September. First question is how long do I need to remain in employment. I received less funding than usual this yest so does this mean I can end my employment at the end of term in June.

Question 2, I've just received my settled status and wanted to change to home student. I've uploaded my sharecode and letter to the evidence portal on student finance is this correct?

Given the above two points, what is the likely out come me ending my employment at the end of this next month regarding student finance?
Original post by Dr africa
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, if you are changing jobs we would need to see evidence of this. You would need to send your P45, Contract of Employment for your new workplace once this is available and any available payslips for your new employment. If you don't get a job right away you would need to send evidence of applying for jobs for the team to review. I would advise to upload this with a cover letter explaining the situation for the team to review. Thanks, Karen[/QUOT

Hey,
I'm due to finish my studies at the end of this academic year which started in September. First question is how long do I need to remain in employment. I received less funding than usual this yest so does this mean I can end my employment at the end of term in June.

Question 2, I've just received my settled status and wanted to change to home student. I've uploaded my sharecode and letter to the evidence portal on student finance is this correct?

Given the above two points, what is the likely out come me ending my employment at the end of this next month regarding student finance?

Hi there You need to continuously work throughout the academic year to maintain your funding of the Maintenance Loan. As you have only just received the settled status this will not count for this year of study. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending