The Student Room Group

How do you add up your UCAS points?

Ive no idea how this works , all i know is that i need 280 points for my course and that in some way your AS's count towards them ?

If anyone could help me know what sort of grades I need for my A2 exams that would be helpful

AS levels
English - B
Theatre - B
Media - C
Psychology- D

So how many points is that ? and if im aiming to get the following grades at A2 how many points would i get in total ?

A2
Theatre -B
Media- c
Psychology- B

Help would be much appreciated
you'll have 330, you will get in :smile:

A = 120
B = 100
C = 80
D = 60
E = 40.

AS is half of what it is at A2
Newton4
Ive no idea how this works , all i know is that i need 280 points for my course and that in some way your AS's count towards them ?

If anyone could help me know what sort of grades I need for my A2 exams that would be helpful

AS levels
English - B
Theatre - B
Media - C
Psychology- D

So how many points is that ? and if im aiming to get the following grades at A2 how many points would i get in total ?

A2
Theatre -B
Media- c
Psychology- B

Use the ucas points calculator:

http://www.merlinhelpsstudents.com/studentlife/beforeuniversity/ucas/ucaspointscalculator.asp
TheProdigy2k9
you'll have 280

A = 120
B = 100
C = 80

Hey man, I ain't no boffin but even I know that makes 300. LOL SILLY!
Reply 4
TheProdigy2k9
you'll have 280

A = 120
B = 100
C = 80

Plus the B at AS Level English, which I believe is 50 points, so 330.
PearlyPenilePapule

LOL, i just read the A2 grades i didn't see the AS's at the top. my badd
Reply 6
Newton4

AS levels
English - B
Theatre - B
Media - C
Psychology- D

A2
Theatre -B
Media- c
Psychology- B

An AS is half what an A level is
At A Level:
A = 120 points
B = 100
C = 80 .. and so on.

With your A2's you'll have 280 points if you get those grades
But, if you dont take english on and complete that to a B at AS Level, then you also get 50 points from that.

So, say you get a B in english and get those predicted A2's, you'd have 330 points so you'll be fine :smile:
PearlyPenilePapule

Before you call other people silly you should read the OP's predicted grades and the post you quoted a bit more carefully.

In fact, if the predictions work out accurately, the OP will have 330 points: 280 for the A levels and 50 for the English AS.
Reply 8
TheProdigy2k9
LOL, i just read the A2 grades i didn't see the AS's at the top. my badd

Nah your calculation was actually right for A2's, since OP isn't expecting to get ABC, so the person who corrected you was wrong... BBC = 280 points.

But yeah, if you factor in the AS results it's 330 :smile:
Good bloke
Before you call other people silly you should read the OP's predicted grades and the post you quoted a bit more carefully.

In fact, if the predictions work out accurately, the OP will have 330 points: 280 for the A levels and 50 for the English AS.

LOL as I said I ain't no boffin sorry to offend my good bloke.
Reply 10
Cheers people , thats cleared things up :smile:

Many thanks x
Someone help!

AS:
Drama - A
Film - C
Media - C

A2:
Film - D
Media - C

How many UCAS points would I get with these grades?
Original post by dalehornsby
Someone help!

AS:
Drama - A
Film - C
Media - C

A2:
Film - D
Media - C

How many UCAS points would I get with these grades?

200 UCAS points.
Reply 13
When Unis want say 320 UCAS points, is that just A2's or do you factor in AS as well?

Quick Reply

Latest