The Student Room Group

RAF Airman Application Process

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
As in Pre RTC?
Reply 41
I'm pretty sure that's the only PRTC we do prior to training...
Reply 42
hey

I have applied for the role as INTAN, intelligence analyst, i have been invited for an aptitude test on the 11th of jan 2011, currently revising my ass off for it, even though i have been told its predominantly aimed at gcse level.

just wondering if any one knows exactly how tough it is, and what specific areas need to be revised more than others.

i imagaine, verbal reasoning , numerical reasoning, work rate, spatial reasoning and memory.

also what type of scores will these require, obviously i will try my hardest to ace it, but was wondering if any one new the pass rate??

p.s

i found the top article on the first page very useful!

any help would be much appreciated

many thanks
Reply 43
To join as Int analyst, you need to achieve 60 in group B. For Int Analyst (Voice), you need to achieve 60 in group A. You also need to achieve 2 in both Verbal Reasoning and Numerical Reasoning. I think the specific skill requirements are out of 9.

Just practise as much as you can.

EDIT: Was looking at out of date info - Doh. Info correct as of Dec 2010. However, there seems to be alot of changes in requirements as of 1st Jan 2011, so it wouldn't surprise me if these go up.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 44
Just a very brief update guys. I've finished recruit training, and will be moving to Cosford (my trade training unit) next Wednesday. Any questions regarding recruit training, feel free to send me a PM or post here. I don't check this forum as much as I used to but I will try to reply when I can.
Reply 45
Original post by Naigan
Just a very brief update guys. I've finished recruit training, and will be moving to Cosford (my trade training unit) next Wednesday. Any questions regarding recruit training, feel free to send me a PM or post here. I don't check this forum as much as I used to but I will try to reply when I can.

So what do you think of it all? Have you enjoyed it this far? be honest
Hi naigan. Had my formal interview today and just wanted to thank you. The list of questions you posted were word for word what the interviewer asked so I was 100 percent prepared and I passed! Only thing I would add for for anyone else going for the interview, read up a little bit on nato, I managed to say what it stood for, what it is and when it was formed but he also asked why it was formed which threw me a bit. Its not a big deal if you can't answer but it helps your case if you can. Thanks again naigan and good luck to anyone else goin for the interview.
Reply 47
Original post by Ant Kerrigan
Hi naigan. Had my formal interview today and just wanted to thank you. The list of questions you posted were word for word what the interviewer asked so I was 100 percent prepared and I passed! Only thing I would add for for anyone else going for the interview, read up a little bit on nato, I managed to say what it stood for, what it is and when it was formed but he also asked why it was formed which threw me a bit. Its not a big deal if you can't answer but it helps your case if you can. Thanks again naigan and good luck to anyone else goin for the interview.

Easy coined answer I used in interview was "Keep Americans in Russians out and Germans down" they seemed to like that but obviously you have to elaborate how it's role has evolved. Just make sure you know who the General secreatary is and how many countries are in it.
Reply 48
Original post by Ant Kerrigan

Sorry mate don't check in as often as I used to, glad to hear it went well and good luck with the rest of your application.
Reply 49
Original post by craglyboy
"Keep Americans in Russians out and Germans down"

You actually used that?

ROFL
Reply 50
Original post by Merlin55
You actually used that?

ROFL

Using that line's fairly common - it's how you can back it up with your reasoning and explanations that matters.
Reply 51
Can anyone help??

I have my fitness tests on monday and would like to know if, during the sit up test, they hold your feet in position???

Cheers
Reply 52
Held, minimal pressure.
Reply 53
Awesome, cheers fella. Huge help
Hello everyone, i had a phonecall from the RAF yesterday to say they'd received my application and invited me to go to an AFCO next wednesday. I've been told to bring all of my important documentation with me such as exam certificates, driving license, passport etc - i was wondering if i'm going to have to fill out another application when i get there or if this was just to confirm that the information i'd given them originally was correct? The lady on the phone said i'd be getting a letter detailing what was going to happen on the AFCO visit but i thought i'd try and get some information ASAP.

I assume they won't spring the aptitude tests on me immediately, i'm under the impression you have to arrange that for a later date?
Reply 55
Original post by tbradshaw89
Hello everyone, i had a phonecall from the RAF yesterday to say they'd received my application and invited me to go to an AFCO next wednesday. I've been told to bring all of my important documentation with me such as exam certificates, driving license, passport etc - i was wondering if i'm going to have to fill out another application when i get there or if this was just to confirm that the information i'd given them originally was correct? The lady on the phone said i'd be getting a letter detailing what was going to happen on the AFCO visit but i thought i'd try and get some information ASAP.

I assume they won't spring the aptitude tests on me immediately, i'm under the impression you have to arrange that for a later date?

They want to check in person that you actually have all the required documents - gcse certificates, birth certificate, passport and everything else that they told you to bring.

Many people failed to produce all the required documents as back in the day they had to produce it on the day of AST, therefore there was a lot of time being wasted, so this is just basically a new step that ensures that you have the documents needed, and usually they will book your AST on the day, typically week or two after this visit.
Cheers Miza i thought that would be the case, i need to get trawling through my filing cabinet to make sure everything is in order then! Good to know i've got a while to practice the questions they've given me too.
Reply 57
Don't just rely on these practice questions they given you, the actual test is harder, not because questions are hard but because of the time limit you have. A lot of people recommend BBC Bitesize to revise Mathematics/Electronis/Mechanics but there's also a lot of irrelivant material on there as well, just make sure you're on the top of your game on the day of the test. What trade are you actually going for and how long did it take them to reply to you from when you submitted your application?
Sure i'll go further than just using the limited questions they've provided but it's a start, i'll certainly time myself aswell. I'm applying for the Int analyst role and it's only been a week since i submitted the application, so i'm quite impressed with how quick the turnover has been.
Reply 59
Original post by tbradshaw89
Sure i'll go further than just using the limited questions they've provided but it's a start, i'll certainly time myself aswell. I'm applying for the Int analyst role and it's only been a week since i submitted the application, so i'm quite impressed with how quick the turnover has been.

It's a good job from what I have heard, last time it took them 4 weeks to get back to me so 1 week is really quick. Yeah the score you need to get for that trade is VR2,NR2 and group score 60 in B group, this probably have no meaning to you so just do your best and I am sure you'll be fine.
Best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest