The Student Room Group

Royal Navy AIB

Has anyone sat the new format AIB pre recorded questions for Royal Navy Officer Training ??
Reply 1
Original post by username6286583
Has anyone sat the new format AIB pre recorded questions for Royal Navy Officer Training ??

I have. Make eye contact with the camera. Dress smartly. Have a plain background. Know your role and your training pipeline inside and out. Flesh out why you want to join, make sure you can articulate fully as to why you wish to have a career as a naval officer in two minutes. Furthermore, it will not hurt to have a few examples of leadership, taking responsibility, courage, determination, etc.

Would have preferred the real thing at HMS Sultan or even a video call, but it is what it is.
Don't let the fact that t's pre-recorded make you assume it'll be easy. You have only two attempts for each question and 30 seconds of preparation time between seeing a question and providing an answer. I went in with more confidence than I could afford and I suspect I will end up re-sitting the PRI as a consequence.
(edited 9 months ago)
Hey, I did six months ago.

I assumed it would be more like the old one so revised current affairs, ships ect all useless. I failed but only on one section- you get eight questions on why an officer ect but you’re assessed on 1) motivation 2) communication skills and 3) knowledge on your training and career path chosen.

Hope this helps! I’m resitting next week and v nervous as I’ve forgotten the last few questions.
Reply 3
Original post by I33ysanders

I assumed it would be more like the old one so revised current affairs, ships ect all useless. I failed but only on one section- you get eight questions on why an officer ect but you’re assessed on 1) motivation 2) communication skills and 3) knowledge on your training and career path chosen.

Hope this helps! I’m resitting next week and v nervous as I’ve forgotten the last few questions.

Know the structure of the navy. Ranks, both commissioned and enlisted and know the roles of each (generally speaking)
Reply 4
Original post by Fin2001
I have. Make eye contact with the camera. Dress smartly. Have a plain background. Know your role and your training pipeline inside and out. Flesh out why you want to join, make sure you can articulate fully as to why you wish to have a career as a naval officer in two minutes. Furthermore, it will not hurt to have a few examples of leadership, taking responsibility, courage, determination, etc.

Would have preferred the real thing at HMS Sultan or even a video call, but it is what it is.
Don't let the fact that t's pre-recorded make you assume it'll be easy. You have only two attempts for each question and 30 seconds of preparation time between seeing a question and providing an answer. I went in with more confidence than I could afford and I suspect I will end up re-sitting the PRI as a consequence.

I passed (somehow)
I passed! Just got the group ex tomorrow! We shall see :smile:

Reply 6
I passed! Just got the group ex tomorrow! We shall see :smile:

Hi there, got mine coming up and was wondering how the structure works and what kind of task they set you?

Quick Reply

Latest