The Student Room Group

Course completion and visa queries...

Okay, so I am filling the application for Canadian visa and I've got some queries. :/

They asked me when my program of study will begin...I know the date so I mentioned it. Then they asked me when it will end. I don't know. :s-smilie: How can I find that out? Plus...I'll be going to University of Toronto. The Electrical Engineering program is a 4 year deal. However, there is an optional 1 year Professional Experience Year (PEY) thingy that allows you to work for 12-16 months in a company...In Canada or some other country. So what would be the completion date?!!!

Secondly, I am 17 at the moment. But I'll be turning 18 on 1st September. Will I need to have a guardian or something for my care in Canada (until I turn 18)? It's confusing because I'll be 18 when I enter Canada but I will be 17 when applying for the Visa.

That's all! Thank you. :smile:
Reply 1
Oh. And they are asking for the cost of my studies, room + board and other. Does it have to be for 1 year? Or 4 years? Because the tuition fees isn't fixed and might vary year to year. Not to mention the fees for room and board might change as well if I decide to move in with someone?

Latest

Trending

Trending