The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think you've got it right there - last year I had a couple of plates, a couple of glasses, a pan, a mug and cutlery. You're bound to get peckish between meals, so it's useful to have if you want to rustle something up.
i am also on a catered hall, but i am going to take, a bowl, 1-spoon,fork,knife, and a cup,
i am also going to take a kettle for that midnight coffee,
Reply 3
Okay sounds good :smile:. Do you know generally how much cupboard space these kitchenettes have? Its probably likely that everybody will be using everyone else's stuff with so many people to such a small kitchen each.
Reply 4
mxox
Okay sounds good :smile:. Do you know generally how much cupboard space these kitchenettes have? Its probably likely that everybody will be using everyone else's stuff with so many people to such a small kitchen each.

We had none - we had to keep most of our crockery and stuff in our room. There was a fridge, and a bit of space under the work surface where we kept odd plates and pans and stuff. But essentially, there's bugger all space (at least for us there was).
Reply 5
I'm going to be in catered...am thinking about taking a plate or two possibly a bowl and some cutlery.
Haven't been told anything except that I will have 'snack making facilities' which doesn't exactly help when working out what I should bring.
Reply 6
Luize
I'm going to be in catered...am thinking about taking a plate or two possibly a bowl and some cutlery.
Haven't been told anything except that I will have 'snack making facilities' which doesn't exactly help when working out what I should bring.

I'm guessing that means a microwave and maybe an electric ring thingimibob.
No i am really poorly prepared-leave on saturday. I think i will be good on crisps , careal bars and eating out in between meals.
I got a kitchen starter kit for £14 at asda, i am going catered too :biggrin: Its got everything i may need in a small box. Like can opener/bottle opener, food tongs? lol a pan.. scissors, 3 utencils (masher/ one of those flat things and a big spoon), egg cups, storage tins, 2 knives, chopping board , peelers and a cheese grater so i am prepared for any eventuality. Taking a couple of plates, and some cutlery

Latest

Trending

Trending