Turn on thread page Beta

People in catered halls... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Are you taking anything for the kitchen? We have a small kitchenette on each floor so I was wondering whether I should take a couple of plates, utensils, glass, mug, pot and pan for those days when I miss the dinner or feel like rustling something up for lunch (no lunch provided). What are others in catered halls doing?

ReputationRep:
    I think you've got it right there - last year I had a couple of plates, a couple of glasses, a pan, a mug and cutlery. You're bound to get peckish between meals, so it's useful to have if you want to rustle something up.

ReputationRep:
    i am also on a catered hall, but i am going to take, a bowl, 1-spoon,fork,knife, and a cup,
    i am also going to take a kettle for that midnight coffee,

ReputationRep:
    Okay sounds good . Do you know generally how much cupboard space these kitchenettes have? Its probably likely that everybody will be using everyone else's stuff with so many people to such a small kitchen each.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxox)
    Okay sounds good . Do you know generally how much cupboard space these kitchenettes have? Its probably likely that everybody will be using everyone else's stuff with so many people to such a small kitchen each.
    We had none - we had to keep most of our crockery and stuff in our room. There was a fridge, and a bit of space under the work surface where we kept odd plates and pans and stuff. But essentially, there's bugger all space (at least for us there was).

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be in catered...am thinking about taking a plate or two possibly a bowl and some cutlery.
    Haven't been told anything except that I will have 'snack making facilities' which doesn't exactly help when working out what I should bring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luize)
    I'm going to be in catered...am thinking about taking a plate or two possibly a bowl and some cutlery.
    Haven't been told anything except that I will have 'snack making facilities' which doesn't exactly help when working out what I should bring.
    I'm guessing that means a microwave and maybe an electric ring thingimibob.

ReputationRep:
    No i am really poorly prepared-leave on saturday. I think i will be good on crisps , careal bars and eating out in between meals.

ReputationRep:
    I got a kitchen starter kit for £14 at asda, i am going catered too Its got everything i may need in a small box. Like can opener/bottle opener, food tongs? lol a pan.. scissors, 3 utencils (masher/ one of those flat things and a big spoon), egg cups, storage tins, 2 knives, chopping board , peelers and a cheese grater so i am prepared for any eventuality. Taking a couple of plates, and some cutlery

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.