This discussion is closed.
gumbald
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Soulfish)
Well I've had a comp sci interview at york (accepted their offer as my firm this week ) and I've spoken to others at my college that have as well.

The questions asked varied quite a bit, but were all the same area of computer related logic questions. Don't worry too much about it though since you've got through the hardest bit - being asked for interview

Where else have you applied for comp sci? And whats your favourite at the moment?
I must have been really late in sending my application in or something, my interview isn't for another month I wanna go to York, I'm hoping for AAB. What have they offered anyone else?

My other choices are Durham, Newcastle, Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester.

Jaron
Soulfish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jaron)
I must have been really late in sending my application in or something, my interview isn't for another month I wanna go to York, I'm hoping for AAB. What have they offered anyone else?

My other choices are Durham, Newcastle, Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester.

Jaron
I was at their first interview day as I was a cambridge applicant and had my form in by the Oct 15th deadline. They seem to make most people AAB offers, with a few getting AAA offers.
AlexDowning
Report 16 years ago
I think you should probably wear something smart - but maybe not overdo it, atleast I wouldnt. Trousers, shirt and a jumper on top.. Be yourself
way2go
Report 16 years ago
Maybe it also depends on the subject. If you are applying for economics, it might be more appropriate to wear a suit than when you are applying for let's say engineering.
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Only in the same way you have to be called bob to apply for a building course
scaryboots
Report 16 years ago
everybody in a suit automatically looks hideously formal and up themselves to all other potential students. Especially if you have a tour or lunch or whatever first, nothing makes you stand out more. I have no idea what effect this has on interviewers, however.

I wore my top hat to Oxford, which recieved no mention - and my new rocks everywhere. UCL interviewer described my outfit as 'electrifying'. No idea what he meant by it, but getting a physicist to notice anything superficial is quite an achievement .

In short, noone really gives a damn.
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
At York for chem they only invited people who they were going to make offers to so i doubt what they wore more a difference, its more what ur comfortable wearing, if u dont mind sitting with loads of people dressed mor eformally than you then wear what you want
gumbald
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I'll see what my tutors have to say about it all. Hope they've already decided to offer me, it would make the interview a lot less nervous :P, I really wanna go there.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads