The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Soulfish
Well I've had a comp sci interview at york (accepted their offer as my firm this week :smile: ) and I've spoken to others at my college that have as well.

The questions asked varied quite a bit, but were all the same area of computer related logic questions. Don't worry too much about it though since you've got through the hardest bit - being asked for interview :smile:

Where else have you applied for comp sci? And whats your favourite at the moment?

I must have been really late in sending my application in or something, my interview isn't for another month :frown: I wanna go to York, I'm hoping for AAB. What have they offered anyone else?

My other choices are Durham, Newcastle, Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester.

Jaron
Reply 21
jaron
I must have been really late in sending my application in or something, my interview isn't for another month :frown: I wanna go to York, I'm hoping for AAB. What have they offered anyone else?

My other choices are Durham, Newcastle, Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester.

Jaron

I was at their first interview day as I was a cambridge applicant and had my form in by the Oct 15th deadline. They seem to make most people AAB offers, with a few getting AAA offers.
I think you should probably wear something smart - but maybe not overdo it, atleast I wouldnt. Trousers, shirt and a jumper on top.. Be yourself
Reply 23
Maybe it also depends on the subject. If you are applying for economics, it might be more appropriate to wear a suit than when you are applying for let's say engineering.
Reply 24
Only in the same way you have to be called bob to apply for a building course
Reply 25
everybody in a suit automatically looks hideously formal and up themselves to all other potential students. Especially if you have a tour or lunch or whatever first, nothing makes you stand out more. I have no idea what effect this has on interviewers, however.

I wore my top hat to Oxford, which recieved no mention - and my new rocks everywhere. UCL interviewer described my outfit as 'electrifying'. No idea what he meant by it, but getting a physicist to notice anything superficial is quite an achievement :biggrin:.

In short, noone really gives a damn.
Reply 26
At York for chem they only invited people who they were going to make offers to so i doubt what they wore more a difference, its more what ur comfortable wearing, if u dont mind sitting with loads of people dressed mor eformally than you then wear what you want
Reply 27
I'll see what my tutors have to say about it all. Hope they've already decided to offer me, it would make the interview a lot less nervous :P, I really wanna go there.

Latest

Trending

Trending