The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2011

Hey heyyy :smile:

No previous thread for us guys and gals that I could see so I thought I might as well make one... :p:

How's everyone getting along with their app?

Anyone coming to the open day next friday :biggrin: ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey
i'm applying to nottingham :biggrin:

application is snailing along ... personal statement needs redrafting :O like loads more times :P
i need to sort out my references from my referee as well

i'm coming for the open day :smile:
Notts seems really underrepresented on TSR for some reason.

Top tip kids: collect up contact details for all of your work experience now, it will save you time and panic later.
Reply 3
No, i'm going there for Law, can i still join your thread though please??!
Hey!
I'm applying to Nottingham too :smile:...I've already been to their open day and the campus is AMAZING :biggrin:
Reply 5
Fission_Mailed
Notts seems really underrepresented on TSR for some reason.

Top tip kids: collect up contact details for all of your work experience now, it will save you time and panic later.

I noticed that =S don't seem to be nearly as many as other med schools
Hahaha thanks though :smile: I'll get on it when I see them next!
As far as I know they take everything into account when choosing interviewees yes? :smile:

Miss.Sunshine
Hey!
I'm applying to Nottingham too :smile:...I've already been to their open day and the campus is AMAZING :biggrin:

Really? I'm going next week friday :biggrin: can't wait!!
Reply 6
RyuHADOUKEN
As far as I know they take everything into account when choosing interviewees yes? :smile:

im gonna see you :biggrin:
what time did you book the lecture "applying to nottingham medicine"
mine is at 9:45
RyuHADOUKEN

When you've applied, they will send you an email with an online questionnaire to fill it. To the best of my knowledge, they are the only med school that does this, and you have to put contact details and a description of each bit of work exp/volunteering you've done, before answering some questions. I don't think this is hugely important in terms of the application as a whole, but you do need to put more than 15 minutes into it.

They do take everything into account; UKCAT components are marked individually and put alongside your top 8 GCSE grades, PS and questionnaire, then the top 800 applicants get an interview (of whom, for my cohort at least, more than half get an offer.) But you've probably already read this information.
Reply 8
I'm considering it.
Reply 9
Fission_Mailed
When you've applied, they will send you an email with an online questionnaire to fill it. To the best of my knowledge, they are the only med school that does this, and you have to put contact details and a description of each bit of work exp/volunteering you've done, before answering some questions. I don't think this is hugely important in terms of the application as a whole, but you do need to put more than 15 minutes into it.

They do take everything into account; UKCAT components are marked individually and put alongside your top 8 GCSE grades, PS and questionnaire, then the top 800 applicants get an interview (of whom, for my cohort at least, more than half get an offer.) But you've probably already read this information.

Thanks for clearing that up... I knew they did something like that but you've properly cleared it up for me :smile: thanks for that

Grrrr sooo nervous though, I THINK I've chosen wisely in terms of academics and stuff and I've got a crate load of work experience that I've learnt a lot from but, somehow it just NEVER seems like enough :erm:
RyuHADOUKEN

You will LOVE it :smile: :p: :wink:
I think I've heard that Nottingham ask for proof, or contacts for work experience, which other universities ask for all of this?
Reply 12
Miss.Sunshine
You will LOVE it :smile: :p: :wink:

Hopefully :biggrin: I can't wait to go!

Mind me asking your grades/UKCAT and where else you're thinking of? :smile:

(mine are in my sig)
Reply 13
I'm in two minds about nottingham :frown:

Ive just heard of so many people having great GCSEs and UKCAT and then not even get an interview at nottingham. Maybe their personal statements weren't great but I dunno :s-smilie:

Does anyone know of any specific things they look for in the personal statement?
resortini
I think I've heard that Nottingham ask for proof, or contacts for work experience, which other universities ask for all of this?

None of the ones I know of. Yes, Notts will send you an online questionnaire and you have to put contact details for each placement you've done.
RyuHADOUKEN
Thanks for clearing that up... I knew they did something like that but you've properly cleared it up for me :smile: thanks for that

Grrrr sooo nervous though, I THINK I've chosen wisely in terms of academics and stuff and I've got a crate load of work experience that I've learnt a lot from but, somehow it just NEVER seems like enough :erm:

Quality, not quantity, my lad. I only had 3 weeks.
Reply 16
Fission_Mailed
Quality, not quantity, my lad. I only had 3 weeks.

Sorry, I didn't mean not enough WEX... By not enough I meant not enough of generally as in grades/decent ukcat/working your ass off on your ps etc... As in medicine is so competitive that not enough all those things plus choosing places wisely guarantees you a place :rolleyes:
RyuHADOUKEN
Sorry, I didn't mean not enough WEX... By not enough I meant not enough of generally as in grades/decent ukcat/working your ass off on your ps etc... As in medicine is so competitive that not enough all those things plus choosing places wisely guarantees you a place :rolleyes:

There is plenty of time. You have more than a month.
RyuHADOUKEN
Hopefully :biggrin: I can't wait to go!

Mind me asking your grades/UKCAT and where else you're thinking of? :smile:

(mine are in my sig)

My Grades are:
GCSE: A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AAAAB
AS-LEVEL:AAAB
A2 Predictions: AAA

and my UKCAT is 690

Im thinking of applying to:
Birmingham (through a scheme where they lower the grades required so hopefully i will be fine :smile:
Southampton (not sure about this one because they want all the exams done in one sitting but we do modules both in Jan and June) if not this then Bristol
Leicester
Nottingham

:smile:
Reply 19
I'm applying!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending