The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
I'm not feeling any pressure :bandit:

No interviews, nothing yet boo rah!
Original post by WaterHorizon
Still no interviews for Nottingham? I can't believe this - I think they're trying to see who cracks under the pressure!

Didn't they resend the questionnaire out a week ago today? So the deadline would be today. Hopefully they'll start notifying people soon now that's done.
Reply 782
anyone heard anything yet?....................................
Original post by pan_93
anyone heard anything yet?....................................

duhh I have ears of course I've heard!! In fact, I hear all the time!

sorry for being ridiculous, medicine applications will end up submitting me into the mental hospital eventually :sadnod:
Reply 784
Original post by futuredoc77
duhh I have ears of course I've heard!! In fact, I hear all the time!

sorry for being ridiculous, medicine applications will end up submitting me into the mental hospital eventually :sadnod:

hahaha.... you're hilarious:s-smilie: lol
Original post by pan_93
hahaha.... you're hilarious:s-smilie: lol

:erm:
Nottingham interviews start next week so they are giving VERY short notice

Spoiler

InItToWinItGetIt?
hehe you all believed me

:facepalm:
Reply 788
how many offers do nottingham give??
Original post by pan_93
how many offers do nottingham give??

per person one i think :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by futuredoc77
:facepalm:

why facepalm??
Reply 790
The top scoring 33% are called for interview. So three applicants per interview.
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
why facepalm??

because of what you said...

never mind. How is everyone's saturday going?
Reply 792
so about 440 offers
Original post by Organ
The top scoring 33% are called for interview. So three applicants per interview.

The fact that they use everything possible to decide who to interview makes it pretty hard to get an interview at Notts. But if you do over half get offers so it's not as bad as say Leicester post-interview.
Reply 794
The fact that they use everything possible to decide who to interview makes it pretty hard to get an interview at Notts. But if you do over half get offers so it's not as bad as say Leicester post-interview.

i think its also fair how they use everything. rather than base everything on GCSE's or UKCAT etcc....
Original post by pan_93
i think its also fair how they use everything. rather than base everything on GCSE's or UKCAT etcc....

Yep agree with you there. However, I do think it is important for them (and other universities) to say how they score each category and be open about admission procedures.
Reply 796
Yep agree with you there. However, I do think it is important for them (and other universities) to say how they score each category and be open about admission procedures.

yes i agree with you also. like kings for example. i was never told at all at the open day or from the prospectus that they base interviews on a sliding scale with GCSE's and UKCAT. so i applied thinking my predicitions and work exp would be looked at. it misled me and a wasted option
Original post by pan_93
yes i agree with you also. like kings for example. i was never told at all at the open day or from the prospectus that they base interviews on a sliding scale with GCSE's and UKCAT. so i applied thinking my predicitions and work exp would be looked at. it misled me and a wasted option

Yeah I bet that has mislead a LOT of people over the years. I feel for you.
What I find hard to believe is that if the medical schools are regulated by GMC, surely things such as this would be picked up on? :s-smilie: Or do the GMC only regulate the curriculum taught?

It's unfortunate due to the high number of applicants, some unis are adopting policies to just cut a large proportion of the applicants out based on just one or two factors.
Reply 798
Yeah I bet that has mislead a LOT of people over the years. I feel for you.
What I find hard to believe is that if the medical schools are regulated by GMC, surely things such as this would be picked up on? :s-smilie: Or do the GMC only regulate the curriculum taught?

It's unfortunate due to the high number of applicants, some unis are adopting policies to just cut a large proportion of the applicants out based on just one or two factors.

Tommorows Doctors states that the admissions process should be open, clear and transparent. Obviously, different medical schools have differing interpretations of what that means.
Reply 799
Original post by Organ
Tommorows Doctors states that the admissions process should be open, clear and transparent. Obviously, different medical schools have differing interpretations of what that means.

I think Nottingham might just get away with that because they do actually tell us everything they need - "everything is viewed together". But that doesn't make it any less useless. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending