The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Would someone with 2A*S and 6A's at GCSE with 712.5 UKCAT average be mad applying to Nottingham with their GCSE results?

I already have A*A*AA at A level (A* in biology and chemistry...)
Reply 101
gabbyruff
Would someone with 2A*S and 6A's at GCSE with 712.5 UKCAT average be mad applying to Nottingham with their GCSE results?

I already have A*A*AA at A level (A* in biology and chemistry...)

I think that your UKCAT and A level grades compensate your GCSE grades. It says you just need six GCSEs at grade A.

EDIT: I got my email with the portal for Nottingham. I logged in, but I can't find the questionnaire! Can anybody access it yet?
(edited 13 years ago)
resipsa
I think that your UKCAT and A level grades compensate your GCSE grades. It says you just need six GCSEs at grade A.

EDIT: I got my email with the portal for Nottingham. I logged in, but I can't find the questionnaire! Can anybody access it yet?

I think the questionnaire is sent out on the 16th to everyone.
Reply 103
On the website it says that double award science is acceptable to meet the minimum requirements. Does GCSE Science and GCSE Additional Science equate to this? Has anyone else in the past applied with these qualifications and got an interview?
Reply 104
larry000
On the website it says that double award science is acceptable to meet the minimum requirements. Does GCSE Science and GCSE Additional Science equate to this? Has anyone else in the past applied with these qualifications and got an interview?

I think what you've described is the double science award?
Has everyone been linked to that Nottingham track thing? I just read 'BMedSci' on the application progress bit and almost had a panic attack thinking I'd applied to the wrong thing then realised that was referring to the intercalation :')
Reply 106
No they are different. They are different options on the UCAS form too.

On the website of Manchester for example it says "If Dual Award Science or Core and Additional Science are offered, the minimum required is BB". There is a distinction between Dual Award and Core and Additional. But they accept both. On nottingham and newcastle, it only mentions Dual Award/Double Award
Reply 107
larry000

It's fine :smile: It's all my school offered - as is the case with a lot of comps.
Organ
It's fine :smile: It's all my school offered - as is the case with a lot of comps.

Same, I'd never even heard of triple science until I went to college! xP
Reply 109
Organ

Oh good. I thought I'd have call UCAS and change nottingham to something else. So you have Science and Additional Science down on you're UCAS form. Not Double Award?
Reply 110
larry000
Oh good. I thought I'd have call UCAS and change nottingham to something else. So you have Science and Additional Science down on you're UCAS form. Not Double Award?

Yep :wink: Don't worry :smile:
Reply 111
thanks :smile: You make me feel so stupid for worrying about it :biggrin:
Reply 112
larry000
thanks :smile: You make me feel so stupid for worrying about it :biggrin:

Haha, I know the feeling - me and my dad have been talking about whether to use the word 'while' or 'whilst' in my PS.
Reply 113
Has everyone recieved the portal e-mail??

Does that obv mean they have our application?
hey guys, im on my gap year atm, i didnt previously apply to nottingham, does anyone know whether i ll be at a disadvantage if i apply this year or not?
pan_93
My application has been sent. Any ideas on how long it takes to get sent the e-mail with the questionnaire?

Im really nervous. I feel i have fluffed my UKCAT. I got 652.5:s. would my GCSE's of 6A* and 4A be enough to get me an interview with my UKCAT scores??

thanks

LOL i have the exact same UKCAT 652.5 and the same-ish GCSEs 6A*, 4A and 2 B ,

im rli confused about the gcse requirement though... basicaly i got B in english language and B in core science .... i got A* in additional sciences though..im not sure whether my A in Alevel bio and A level chem will compensate my GCSE core science B grade :s-smilie:
:hi: peeps...

applied to notts :yep: hoping for the best.

Looks like we have a great few months ahead of us... NOT.
Reply 117
futuredoc77
:hi: peeps...

applied to notts :yep: hoping for the best.

Looks like we have a great few months ahead of us... NOT.

Good luck :yy:
When do we get the questionnaire?
Applied to Nottingham

Good luck homies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending