The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shaneli
Holy crap I got an interview. :biggrin: I'm so excited, but I don't know how to prepare!

when for??

also anyone know the dates for interview?? does this mean if we don't get one in this batch that we will get one after xmas??

thanks
Original post by Beska
I honestly don't know. I don't even think they asked me questions. I just have a gap of 15 minutes of my life where something happened, but I'm not sure what. :p: In all seriousness - the interview was a lot more 'traditional' than Newcastle. They cut me off a lot to ask new questions, etc. but I suspect that was because I can go into lots of detail and there's only 15 minutes (which flew past).

Lmao sounds like me in an interview! Well done, I'm sure you've aced it! :hugs:
Reply 1182
Original post by wildmiffy
Do we know how they are choosing the order for interviewing? Although from the sound of things it sounds quite random... You never know - it might be done alphabetically... or geographically :confused:

To be honest, I don't think it's geographical or alphabetical.......I had an interview and my surname begins with R, also those there on the same day as me lived in different areas. I don't know whether that helps :biggrin: JPAR
Reply 1183
Beska.. U live near Nottingham or sumfin then?..
They called me but that might be Cus I put my numba on ucas
How'd the interview go anyways? Many ethical questions?
Reply 1184
Original post by Balu1
Beska.. U live near Nottingham or sumfin then?..
They called me but that might be Cus I put my numba on ucas
How'd the interview go anyways? Many ethical questions?

I live in Nottingham, yes. I put my number on UCAS too. :p:

I wouldn't like to say what the interview was about. :smile:
Reply 1185
I've noticed that entry in 2010 was on the 20th September, but in 2011 it will be on the 26th September. Maybe no more working through freshers?
Reply 1186
Beska.. Hmm guess it could be locations :s but I only live in birmingham.. How many otha people were there? Lyk was ur interview time shifted earlier.. Mine was supposed to be at 345 I think
Reply 1187
Original post by Balu1
Beska.. Hmm guess it could be locations :s but I only live in birmingham.. How many otha people were there? Lyk was ur interview time shifted earlier.. Mine was supposed to be at 345 I think

Apparently 10 peoples interviews were cancelled today. There was meant to be 2 interviewing groups going on at the same time (10 per group) but one interviewer couldn't make it, so I think they cancelled people who had a fair distance to travel and made it only 1 group. Some times were shifted yeh, but mine wasn't.
Reply 1188
Ahhh that's Aite then was getting worried lol
But I had everyfing fresh in mind looks lyk i gotta revise everyfing again (Y) lol
Did the interview go over 15 mins? And were they really serous.. A lot of my mates who had interviews said the interviewers were lyk dead serious ?
Reply 1189
Original post by Balu1
Ahhh that's Aite then was getting worried lol
But I had everyfing fresh in mind looks lyk i gotta revise everyfing again (Y) lol
Did the interview go over 15 mins? And were they really serous.. A lot of my mates who had interviews said the interviewers were lyk dead serious ?

Nope, 15 minutes EXACTLY. I went in exactly at 1:30 and came out, checked my watch and it was 1:46. And yes, very very very serious. Much more like a traditional medical interview - they sit there and grill you - rather than the 'conversational' interview I had at Newcastle.
Original post by Beska
Nope, 15 minutes EXACTLY. I went in exactly at 1:30 and came out, checked my watch and it was 1:46. And yes, very very very serious. Much more like a traditional medical interview - they sit there and grill you - rather than the 'conversational' interview I had at Newcastle.

would you say it was hard?

because b'hams interview was a bit lax prolly like Newcastle's.... could you handle all the questions they threw at you?
Reply 1191
I wanna decision tommorow Nottingham :puppyeyes:
Original post by Organ
I wanna decision tommorow Nottingham :puppyeyes:

Me too :tongue:
I'd rather not hear about the rejection tomorrow, just leave it for now if that's what it is. If it's an interview, on the other hand, I'd like it very much :teeth:
Reply 1194
I just wanna know where I stand, four legs or three etc
maybe it'll come around for you closer to chrismas so that it'll be a gift...an interview that is...a rejection would just be cruel.

I was debating on the matter if they give out rejections on birthdays? xD they probably dont care about the date but still they should think about that shouldnt they
Reply 1196
Original post by futuredoc77
I'd rather not hear about the rejection tomorrow, just leave it for now if that's what it is. If it's an interview, on the other hand, I'd like it very much :teeth:

:O we hear about rejections tomorrow?
Original post by Daave92
:O we hear about rejections tomorrow?

DON'T FREAK OUT!!

no, i don't know :dontknow:, we're just assuming
Notts --> interview :please:
Reply 1199
Original post by futuredoc77
DON'T FREAK OUT!!

no, i don't know :dontknow:, we're just assuming

Ah good :smile: Although I wouldn't mind hearing something, haven't heard from anywhere since October 7th :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending