The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by killfestab
I got an email from the International Office from Uni of Nottingham saying congratulations on your offer and we hope you accept our offer etc... i was kinda shocked because i got nothing from the med school and then phoned up the med school and they were just like "oh we havent even made any offers... sorry... must have been a mistake... merry christmas" -.- Totally uncool

Weird...

I would take that as having had been made an offer, tbh. I recall that Nottingham make offers in January, so you've been probably 'made an offer' but it hasn't been made official yet? Who knows. There's no way that an office just 'makes a mistake' and calls you up, though.
Original post by Beska
Weird...

I would take that as having had been made an offer, tbh. I recall that Nottingham make offers in January, so you've been probably 'made an offer' but it hasn't been made official yet? Who knows. There's no way that an office just 'makes a mistake' and calls you up, though.

i called the med school up
and she asked for my ucas id number and was like "strange... coz we havent made any offers for medicine"

she asked if i had applied for nottingham for some other course... but i havent... universities shouldnt make mistakes like these -.-
Reply 1382
i called the med school up
and she asked for my ucas id number and was like "strange... coz we havent made any offers for medicine"

she asked if i had applied for nottingham for some other course... but i havent... universities shouldnt make mistakes like these -.-

Yeh, they don't actually make any offers until at least January (or maybe later this year) but maybe they have your name down to make an offer to? Then by some mishap of communication the international student office got it and called you. :dontknow:
Reply 1383
take it as a positive sign :smile:
Reply 1384
I want a call from the international student office. :emo:
Reply 1385
I want a ****ing interview :rant:

I wish they would just give me an interview, I feel I'm much stronger in person than in UCAS, maybe that's just arrogant :dontknow: But I would feel cheated with a rejection before interview.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1386
I got an email from the International Office from Uni of Nottingham saying congratulations on your offer and we hope you accept our offer etc... i was kinda shocked because i got nothing from the med school and then phoned up the med school and they were just like "oh we havent even made any offers... sorry... must have been a mistake... merry christmas" -.- Totally uncool

Yea, I think it was a mistake because I got the same thing (I'm an international student too) yesterday, and my interview is in february. So there's no way they would have put me on any 'possible offers list' or anything like that, before even interviewing me.
By the way, killifestab, your interview was on the 15th, right? I was scheduled to interview on that day too, but I couldn't get visa on time, so they gave me an alternative date for february. :smile:
Original post by shaneli
Yea, I think it was a mistake because I got the same thing (I'm an international student too) yesterday, and my interview is in february. So there's no way they would have put me on any 'possible offers list' or anything like that, before even interviewing me.
By the way, killifestab, your interview was on the 15th, right? I was scheduled to interview on that day too, but I couldn't get visa on time, so they gave me an alternative date for february. :smile:

were you the person that dint turn up that day :smile:
or did you cancel it much before? :tongue:
Reply 1388
were you the person that dint turn up that day :smile:
or did you cancel it much before? :tongue:

Haha yea, probably, but I rescheduled about two weeks beforehand. Hope they weren't pissed off! How did yours go?

As nervewracking as they say, or not so bad? Oh, and do they ask about medical systems in your own country, compare that with the NHS, etc?
Reply 1389
Original post by Organ
I want a ****ing interview :rant:

I wish they would just give me an interview, I feel I'm much stronger in person than in UCAS, maybe that's just arrogant :dontknow: But I would feel cheated with a rejection before interview.

What are your predicted scores, and extra curriculars? And UKCAT?

I mean, my UKCAT was pretty ****, but surprisingly, I still got an interview...:confused:
merry christmas everyone :smile: x
Reply 1391
Original post by shaneli
What are your predicted scores, and extra curriculars? And UKCAT?

I mean, my UKCAT was pretty ****, but surprisingly, I still got an interview...:confused:

erm, predicted A*AA, A in dropped AS. UKCAT of 657.5, GCSE grades 7A*, A, B. Extra currics; charity work, long-distance running, cricket, long-term care home volunteering, week in hospital, week in GP, week in hospital training dept, school for deaf etc :smile:
Original post by Organ
erm, predicted A*AA, A in dropped AS. UKCAT of 657.5, GCSE grades 7A*, A, B. Extra currics; charity work, long-distance running, cricket, long-term care home volunteering, week in hospital, week in GP, week in hospital training dept, school for deaf etc :smile:

Quite similar to my profile. Maybe they are saving the best to the last lol :tongue:
Reply 1393
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
Quite similar to my profile. Maybe they are saving the best to the last lol :tongue:

Hmmm, your UKCAT is much better than mine. Lets hope so anyway :tongue:
Reply 1394
Original post by doctormoley
merry christmas everyone :smile: x

Happy Boxing day :party2:
Original post by Organ
Hmmm, your UKCAT is much better than mine. Lets hope so anyway :tongue:

That's the only difference really. I still can't believe I put computer games for that manual dexterity question haha. Hope they take it the good way. :colone:

Hope Christmas was good. :smile:
Reply 1396
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
That's the only difference really. I still can't believe I put computer games for that manual dexterity question haha. Hope they take it the good way. :colone:

Hope Christmas was good. :smile:

Still a big difference - 25% of their selection-ish I think.

Thanks, it was good - I got myself a nice watch, a dartboard and some DVDs. Lets hope the new year brings some Notts offers :puppyeyes:
Reply 1397
Remember to apply for Raleigh Park accomodation, I think its much closer than most the on-campus ones. :smile: And its great and cheaper.
Original post by Organ
Still a big difference - 25% of their selection-ish I think.

Thanks, it was good - I got myself a nice watch, a dartboard and some DVDs. Lets hope the new year brings some Notts offers :puppyeyes:

Really?! I can't find anything apart from ''we look at each section of the ukcat''. God knows how they score it. They really need to publish their admission policy in full.

Please say you got Inception :tongue:

And yeah lets hope it does!
Reply 1399
Original post by Organ

same as me practically

predicted A*A*A*A, GCSE's 6A* 4A B, and UKACT 652.5 avg so we basically the same, but i think you have more extra c's.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending