The Student Room Group

Average cost of hair braiding/ twisting etc

Hey they, im wondering how much it should cost me to get my hair braided with extentions. Ive bought my own syth hair, and am prob wanting two strand twists. Whats a fair price for some long extentions??

I did phone the lady at the salon and asked her to quote the price, but i dont think she understood and kept telling me the time time it would take. 5hrs sounds about right, one time i had my hair done it took 10 hrs :-O

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Should be about £30, I've had it done about 8 times
Reply 2
Gavage
Should be about £30, I've had it done about 8 times

That sounds a good price but are you in london?The closest place where there are any african salons is bristol.

How long does it normally take to get your hair done?

You see im looking to get extra long, and the place im planning to go (which is about the only salon i can find in bristol with a website/adverts is saying 45+ for adults and im wanting extra long, and it says that will cost more)

EDIT
Rang up and for long 2 twist extentions theyre quoting around 140 :-O Im bringing my own syth hair so it may be a little less but wow, thats alot. When i got synthetic dreads put in in Uganda (ok i expect it to be cheaper) it cost me 30 pounds for 10hrs!!! i feel guilty how cheap it was!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
ive had braids before usually costs me between £40-60 i guess it depends on how long your hair is and how long you want the braids to be, and the area you will be getting them done, where abouts are you?..im in the process of looking to get mine done again.

x
Reply 4
HI I DO BRAIDING BUT ALSO HAD MINE DONE FOR 115pound IT LASTS FOR 4TO5 MONTHS DEPENDING ON HOW U LOOK AFTER IT AND I HAD IT 20INCHES LONG AS WELL ITS WORTH THE MONEY WHEN THEY LAST SO LONG KELLY
Reply 5
It is probably like £30 in London I'm getting mine done on the 17th Of December 2015 because I'm going on holiday in Miami how fun yay!!!
Original post by Liz56
It is probably like £30 in London I'm getting mine done on the 17th Of December 2015 because I'm going on holiday in Miami how fun yay!!!

That's very specific.
Reply 7
Folks that is slave labour. The basic wage in london is about £8.00/ hr. 5 hours of work for £30.00? The sad thing is that there isn't a caucasian hairdresser in the world who would spend 5 hours on your hair and accept £30.00. We are doing ourselves a diservice. It takes skill to do the job properly. So, they should be properly paid.
Reply 8
hello, if you want to get you hair braid and your stay at Milton Keynes, you can call me on this number 07864913489 with good price.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Who lives in Manchester and knows where I can make my braids for affordable prices
Reply 10
Who lives in Manchester and knows where I can make my braids for affordable prices 😃
Hi i am from gloucester and was wondering how much haor braiding would cost tight braids from the roots with no extentions
Reply 12
I know a place that does it cheap x
No it’s not it’s 7.50 if not less
Like everything in England it’s a bloody rip off, rediculous how **** people do it for free at home/ tribe because it’s fashion now they wanna charge stupid amounts you don’t need a degree for doing that **** I can caneroll my own hair done it before even cut my own hair plenty of times, I just can’t be asked and it’s hard to keep the rest of my hair away from the caneroll I’m doing apart from that ain’t rocket science, here everyone asks what the hell they want it’s no limits I would never ever pay 115£ for anything like doing my hair how worthy it is to feel like you look nice to yourself and others? Me I don’t give a **** the maximum I got asked for cane rolls was 50£ and the minimum was because my auntie had a salon and guess what the salon didn’t went bust for doing my hair for free so I don’t understand why of this rip off is it because I’m a man and I’m light skin that they asked me that stupid amount? The cheaper I found in Birmingham starts at 25£ all you doing it’s the same as the first man that done the first straw basket but on my hair. Than there’s people pushing big wheeling bins cleaning other people **** that take much more effort and skill too plus if I don’t do my hair nothing happens but if those cleaners stop doing their jobs we all ****ed with the concentration of bacteria and virus that will accumulate everywhere yet those people are paid minimum wage forced to work under stupid times like two hours. I don’t give a **** if you have a rent to pay so do I but I can’t go to my boss and say I’m charging this much per hour because I got a rent to pay. Than you see them salons nearly empty most of the time.
Original post by KELS21
HI I DO BRAIDING BUT ALSO HAD MINE DONE FOR 115pound IT LASTS FOR 4TO5 MONTHS DEPENDING ON HOW U LOOK AFTER IT AND I HAD IT 20INCHES LONG AS WELL ITS WORTH THE MONEY WHEN THEY LAST SO LONG KELLY

You crazy 115£? More 200£ I fix all the front of my motorcycle and it takes me to places 60£ insurance, just sold my ps4 slim 1tb for 200£ and well don’t last just 5 months. Max I paid was 50£ and she ad a little bit of fake hair and because I went and said I never paid for this before so she charged me that stupid amount even the male barbers said no go and complain but I’m not that kind of people and paid and simply will never comeback and was just some normal caneroll back home I got it done for free. No one back home goes to the barbers salon to caneroll their hair we all have sisters and mothers that do that for us since kids not me since kid because my grandmother was a bit funny about it because she was brought up differently she half white half black, but when I became a teen she seen me with canerolls and was cool about it.
There’s even a kids toy that used to do canerolls same as doing wire bracelets or plastic bracelets. 115£ for someone pulling and twisting your hair that ridiculous like I said people here are mad and they ask stupid amounts because dumb people that pay stupid amounts.
Anyone know where I could get my hair braided with extensions too, Bristol.
Shan5200 if you are on Facebook add my page facebook.com/htesalon I do box braids, single braids, Festival braids ECT and am about 45 mins from you I think x
Hi i am from the Somerset and can help you if you need. I do festival braids small braids box braids ECT !
Reply 19
Hey u all. I am a professional in hair braiding Please check my Facebook page and see all my plaits at onneile's hairdo. Um in Leeds at the moment. I will give you my number if u are interested. I charge from 30 pounds. Depend in length and the hairstyle

Quick Reply

Latest