The Student Room Group

Which University is best in terms of Employability and Future prospects?

Hello Everyone,

I am an International Student from India and my background is Bachelor in Commerce(B.Com) with no prior work experience.
I have offers in Msc. Management from Cranfield, University of Bristol, University of Birmingham, University of Leeds,University of Sheffield, QMUL, University of Liverpool - which is better in terms of Employability and salary?
Also I would love to know about few things firsthand from a student's perspective:
kind of part time jobs available nearby.
Employment scope and average salary
the quality of education for Msc Management course.
the average living cost per month.
College life, safety for girls outside etc.
Anything you would want me to know specifically?
With regards to employability and salary, most postgrad courses will publish this info on their websites so you can directly compare them.

Cost of living is another thing often covered on uni finance/funding/budgeting webpages.
Original post by Rajeswaree
Hello Everyone,

I am an International Student from India and my background is Bachelor in Commerce(B.Com) with no prior work experience.
I have offers in Msc. Management from Cranfield, University of Bristol, University of Birmingham, University of Leeds,University of Sheffield, QMUL, University of Liverpool - which is better in terms of Employability and salary?
Also I would love to know about few things firsthand from a student's perspective:
kind of part time jobs available nearby.
Employment scope and average salary
the quality of education for Msc Management course.
the average living cost per month.
College life, safety for girls outside etc.
Anything you would want me to know specifically?

Hi Rajeswaree,

Congratulations on your offer!

At the University of Sheffield, the University often advertises roles like a student ambassador that you can sign up for which allows for flexible working hours as you can sign up for work when you are free and those are the only commitments that need to be done, ie. if you are busy with exams or other work, you do not need to pick up work.

In terms of employment scope, there are always careers fair events that the University hosts in which employers come and students have the options to network and find available roles.

In terms of average cost, it is really up to per person and where they buy groceries or how often they go out. Here is a link for a general guidance given by the University of a monthly cost breakdown.
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/funding/living-costs

Sheffield is also one of the safest large cities in the UK and personally I have not had a problem so far during my 2 years here. The locals are incredibly friendly and happy to help if there are problems and there are also safety helplines put in place by the University should be there an issue.
A nice thing that sets Sheffield apart from some cities is that it has a lower cost of living than the national average. So compared to some other cities in England, you will be able to do a cheaper grocery shop or find that your money goes a longer way.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any more questions:smile:
Jivanthika

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending