Turn on thread page Beta

I'm bi, and a male friend of mine, who i really like, is on a couple of social networking sites, such as facebook, tagged etc. The thing is, on both tagged and facebook he hasn't specified his sexuality - I guess im just wondering whether or not you guys think if its more likely if some1s gay/bi if they don't specify, and i don't mean this in a bad way, but they're afraid/ scared/ worried that some1 will find out?

ReputationRep:
    Some people just can't be bothered to complete their entire facebook profile so leave a load of stuff unspecified. It might be possible though, I'm gay and I haven't specified my orientation on facebook, but please don't make assumptions about someone's sexuality based on what their facebook profile tells you (or doesn't tell you)

ReputationRep:
    could be right, although its more likely he is lazy and cant be bothered to edit it

thanks and yeah, i won't let that cloud my judgement, its just that i havnt seen him having a girlfriend for at least 2/3 years

ReputationRep:
    If someone (guy or girl) doesn't specify their 'interested in' on Facebook, you're automatically permitted to assume they are Gay, or Bisexual at the least. It's one of those un-written rules. Unless they are in a relationship that is.

I always assume it to be honest, I mean why wouldn't you specify? The 'I can't be bothered' argument is only in a small number of cases, I would assume. I know 4 gay guys in my year, and only 1 of them shows their Interested in: Men, the other 3 hide it.

ReputationRep:
    Check his scalp, for anticlockwise hair-whorl rotation. Did you know that about 8% of the male population have the hair shown on the left below, whilst the rest have the clockwise one, yet 30% of gays have the one on the left?

http://www.kchristieh.com/blog/images/whorl.jpg

(I learnt it on QI earlier) :sexface:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.