Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm bi, and a male friend of mine, who i really like, is on a couple of social networking sites, such as facebook, tagged etc. The thing is, on both tagged and facebook he hasn't specified his sexuality - I guess im just wondering whether or not you guys think if its more likely if some1s gay/bi if they don't specify, and i don't mean this in a bad way, but they're afraid/ scared/ worried that some1 will find out?

ReputationRep:
    Some people just can't be bothered to complete their entire facebook profile so leave a load of stuff unspecified. It might be possible though, I'm gay and I haven't specified my orientation on facebook, but please don't make assumptions about someone's sexuality based on what their facebook profile tells you (or doesn't tell you)

ReputationRep:
    could be right, although its more likely he is lazy and cant be bothered to edit it

thanks and yeah, i won't let that cloud my judgement, its just that i havnt seen him having a girlfriend for at least 2/3 years

ReputationRep:
    If someone (guy or girl) doesn't specify their 'interested in' on Facebook, you're automatically permitted to assume they are Gay, or Bisexual at the least. It's one of those un-written rules. Unless they are in a relationship that is.

I always assume it to be honest, I mean why wouldn't you specify? The 'I can't be bothered' argument is only in a small number of cases, I would assume. I know 4 gay guys in my year, and only 1 of them shows their Interested in: Men, the other 3 hide it.

ReputationRep:
    Check his scalp, for anticlockwise hair-whorl rotation. Did you know that about 8% of the male population have the hair shown on the left below, whilst the rest have the clockwise one, yet 30% of gays have the one on the left?

http://www.kchristieh.com/blog/images/whorl.jpg

(I learnt it on QI earlier) :sexface:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.