The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Username: apolinaria
Course: Anthropology & Language & Culture (Russian and Polish)
Planned Entry: 2011
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by jroy9
Haha um I went all the way to Cambridge, we had a holiday in England after (which was so cool:smile:) because over here school finishes in late November/early December and then starts again in Feb.
Yeh I think it will be between Durham and UCL (if I get an offer) in the UK for me.
Most people here go either stay here or some go to Aussie and a few over to the US, but hardly any to UK aye. Haha yeh it does give people a good excuse aye:smile:

Lucky....we break next Thursday (I'm "studying" for finals right now) :colondollar: Did you get to see all your other unis? I've only been to the ones in England so I had to Google Edinburgh and St Andrews (and they googled well AND they have castles...which is very important~ )

Wow, Durham's pretty far up. My mom's a bit paranoid about being too far away from London because the airport in Edinburgh shut down a couple of weeks ago. Then again, she's paranoid about London because apparently Heathrow looses baggage a lot (I've used it 4 times, and nothing happened though).
Reply 2222
Original post by jroy9
Okay, sweet thanks :smile:. I will def do that then aye. What did you apply for?
Thanks again.

No problem! I applied for law. Hope all goes well.
Original post by parkeroo
No problem! I applied for law. Hope all goes well.

Hey, have you heard anything yet?
Reply 2224
Original post by dj9
Yeah just means a pass at AS level. I know what u mean, got to concentrate on maths and physics. they are hard but i'm sure you can do it!
had c4 today! o.O i'm reapplying from last year and retaking maths. redoing c4 and m1 because i didn't realise i needed maths for a computer science degree :colondollar: lol! so i took up maths in A2, but missed an A by one mark. epic. i did computing and economics at A2 and bio at AS. which exam board are u for maths?

ooooooo sounds good! so are you just studying maths at the moment? im on edexcel maths! hehe is it true that c4 is easier than c3? if it is then i will be sooo happy! loool glad you realised before it was too late! thats so annoying (missing an A by on mark) which exam board are you on?
Original post by saks10111
It's been a while since I was on this thread- just wanted to check in on any Economics and Business with East European Studies offer holders (wow that's a long course name lol).
I have an offer and it's my first choice after my Cambridge rejection, so I'd like to meet fellow offer holders and potential classmates :smile:

Thats good m8. I am still waiting for my decision :rolleyes:. if you dont mind me asking what did u get 4 AS
Original post by fgusman1992
Thats good m8. I am still waiting for my decision :rolleyes:. if you dont mind me asking what did u get 4 AS

Thanks, when did you apply? I got 5 A's for AS, predicted 5 A*s for A2, what about you?
They are taking quite long to reply this year.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2228
Original post by johndory13
HI
when did u send ur application off
i sent mine on the 15 november and its 15th Jan soon and still no acknowledgement
should I email them?

Hey

Have you heard anything from UCL about the course yet?

I haven't heard anything yet /:
Original post by TheHoly1
Hey

Have you heard anything from UCL about the course yet?

I haven't heard anything yet /:

Hi
i have not heard anything
but i am kind of relieved u are in the same boat as me
+ is this course your first choice?
Reply 2230
Original post by johndory13
Hi
i have not heard anything
but i am kind of relieved u are in the same boat as me
+ is this course your first choice?

I know, I thought my invitation to open day/rejection got lost in the post and so was pretty relieved to find out other people haven't heard from UCL yet. I guess it's a good thing in a way, no news is good news.

Yeah, this is my first choice, looks like a great course. you?
can't believe how long it's been since I've heard from UCL :/ over 3 months nearly!
I hve been waiting for decision for a long time. Did any1 else got offer for economics and business
Reply 2233
Original post by naugh123
ooooooo sounds good! so are you just studying maths at the moment? im on edexcel maths! hehe is it true that c4 is easier than c3? if it is then i will be sooo happy! loool glad you realised before it was too late! thats so annoying (missing an A by on mark) which exam board are you on?

yep just maths (thankfully) lol. ahh ok, yeee i'd definitely say c4 is easier than c3. there's a lot to remember in both but i think the content in c4 is easier to remember. i'm on ocr - not nice.
ahaa lucky more like. i remember the day so well; was booking an open day for ucl in june just to go see the uni, then thought why not check out their computer science website and looked at the requirements.. "..with an A in Mathematics".. I don't even take mathematics! lool
Original post by tillytots

Original post by tillytots
can't believe how long it's been since I've heard from UCL :/ over 3 months nearly!

Same!! I got an acknowledgement email on the 22nd October, and I haven't heard anything since. Nightmare!
Reply 2235
Original post by dj9
yep just maths (thankfully) lol. ahh ok, yeee i'd definitely say c4 is easier than c3. there's a lot to remember in both but i think the content in c4 is easier to remember. i'm on ocr - not nice.
ahaa lucky more like. i remember the day so well; was booking an open day for ucl in june just to go see the uni, then thought why not check out their computer science website and looked at the requirements.. "..with an A in Mathematics".. I don't even take mathematics! lool

loooool thats so unfortunate... but i thought it would be kinda obvious right? but its easy to get confused i guess...
Reply 2236
Original post by Booom
Ah nice work - did you have an interview at all?

Sorry for the late reply, I have been away during the xmas holiday. No, I didn't have an interview :colondollar:

Original post by Aaron.F
Nice job man! I'm in a similar position where I got an A grade last year, there's so much less pressure this year I've found it really helps. What subjects do you do?

It really takes a good amount of pressure off I agree. My subjects are Maths, Economics, Politics and Chinese (+General Studies but I ignore it)

Good luck to both of your applications! :smile:
Reply 2237
Original post by Lizzy the Bookworm
Same!! I got an acknowledgement email on the 22nd October, and I haven't heard anything since. Nightmare!

yay same...it's annoying now. Well, it always was.
Original post by saks10111
Thanks, when did you apply? I got 5 A's for AS, predicted 5 A*s for A2, what about you?

**** bro ur clever man. im predicted AABBB. i sent my ucas off late November, den got a e-mail saying i got past the first phase n after that havent heard anyfink:mad:.

when did u get ur offer.
Reply 2239
Original post by naugh123
loooool thats so unfortunate... but i thought it would be kinda obvious right? but its easy to get confused i guess...

lol yee i think it is pretty obvious. i got confused because i took computing, so having not done any research, i assumed if you doing computing A-level that must be enough to do a computing degree since people can do the degree without having done computing A-level.
anyways i made it here :P
have you firmed it yet or thought about accommodation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending