The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Got an interview for Chemical Engineering at Imperial

3rd November.

Frankly, really quite nervous. :woo:

Any tips/advice?
Anyone know what sort of questions they ask at interview?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Slowly move your leg under the desk and gently caress the interviewers ankle in a circular motion, making this face :nooo:

Works every time!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Panda cares
3rd November.

Any tips/advice?

i hav also applied to imperial but still havnt heard anything from them yet.
when did u apply?
what As grades did u get if u dont mind?
Reply 3
akash_dx6
i hav also applied to imperial but still havnt heard anything from them yet.
when did u apply?
what As grades did u get if u dont mind?

I applied 3rd october and my AS grades were AAAAA in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Biology. Dropped Biology this year :p:
Reply 4
Panda cares
I applied 3rd october and my AS grades were AAAAA in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Biology. Dropped Biology this year :p:

i am pretty sure that with those grades u will get into imperial
best of luck
Reply 5
Oh wow those grades are amazing, what are your predicted grades, and where else you applied?
Reply 6
Original post by Lucy Chi
Oh wow those grades are amazing, what are your predicted grades, and where else you applied?

I put all my UCAS stuff in my signature

I had a mock interview on Wednesday. Didn't go well, apparently I look out the window too much :redface: >_<
Reply 7
I got an interview too on november the 12th. Really confused because the email they sent me makes it sound like I'm not having an interview but rather they're just going to take a small group of us and just show us the department etc and let us meet the admissions tutor etc. Pretty much like a departmental open day. But it says interview on the email.
Reply 8
Original post by Fat-Love
I got an interview too on november the 12th. Really confused because the email they sent me makes it sound like I'm not having an interview but rather they're just going to take a small group of us and just show us the department etc and let us meet the admissions tutor etc. Pretty much like a departmental open day. But it says interview on the email.

they will take you around the department, show you some of imperial college such as accommodation and ethos etc. You will be given presentations of what the course is about and different topics etc and will then have an interview with a member of staff. The interviews really nothing to worry about, just guide the interview in a way you wish it to go.
Reply 9
Original post by dan9
they will take you around the department, show you some of imperial college such as accommodation and ethos etc. You will be given presentations of what the course is about and different topics etc and will then have an interview with a member of staff. The interviews really nothing to worry about, just guide the interview in a way you wish it to go.

Thanks. I forgot to mention this was for physics not chemical engineering. Will it be similar though?
Reply 10
Original post by Fat-Love
Thanks. I forgot to mention this was for physics not chemical engineering. Will it be similar though?

im not sure, I would expect it to be fairly similar though. perhaps a few maths questions in the interview too.
Reply 11
Original post by dan9

Sounds good, thanks :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by Panda cares
3rd November.

Any tips/advice?

heya i have interview for imperial on the same day! may be we see each other on the day!:biggrin:
btw i have applied to bermingham as well and i have interview on wednesday 27 of november [tomorrow!]. when is your interview at bermingham?
Reply 13
Original post by mmhdgd
heya i have interview for imperial on the same day! may be we see each other on the day!:biggrin:
btw i have applied to bermingham as well and i have interview on wednesday 27 of november [tomorrow!]. when is your interview at bermingham?

tomorrow XD

I'm quite nervous tbh, what do you think the team building will involve?
Reply 14
tomorrow XD

i am not really nervous about bermingham , but a bit about imperial. do you have skype or yahoo messenger?
Reply 15
tomorrow XD

how did ur interview go in birmingham?
Reply 16
Original post by akash_dx6
how did ur interview go in birmingham?

Really good, was quite an informal chat. Sent a letter saying my offer should come shortly :biggrin:
Reply 17
Really good, was quite an informal chat. Sent a letter saying my offer should come shortly :biggrin:

well done
i am still annoyed that i havnt heard frm ucl or imperial yet?
Reply 18

Congrats lovely :biggrin:

What sort of questions did they ask? What did the team building stuff involve?

Well done. :smile:

:hugs:
Reply 19
Original post by mmhdgd

Hey, congrats on your interview at b'ham and good luck at Imperial.

What did Birmingham ask you in the interview? What did the team building stuff involve?

Where else have you applied? Good luck with it all. :smile:

:hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending