The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The bench.
You're thinking about behind the dug-outs.

If I'm away I like to sit behind one of the goals. Abusing the other team's keeper one half and having the team shooting towards you in the next. Other than that there isn't really one part of the ground that's always better. Depends on the ground. At City you want to be by the away fans, at Liverpool you'll aim for the Kop and so on. Middle of the ground just at the halfway line is overrated most of the time. Rarely is there any atmosphere.
The middle, not too close to the pitch yet not too far from it, i want to be able to view the whole pitch and not have to turn my head every second
Original post by Jangrafess

If I'm away I like to sit behind one of the goals. Abusing the other team's keeper one half and having the team shooting towards you in the next. Other than that there isn't really one part of the ground that's always better. Depends on the ground. At City you want to be by the away fans, at Liverpool you'll aim for the Kop and so on. Middle of the ground just at the halfway line is overrated most of the time. Rarely is there any atmosphere.

Dragonite..absolute legend
if the end has two tiers, and this end behind the goal is near the away fans, this is gold!

you get to abuse the away fans, and you get to have a good overall view of the pitch.
Reply 6
Typical at West Ham would be the Bobby Moore lower, i've always sat in the chicken run though. Right next to the away fans, perfeck. ****test place if you lose, best place to sit if you win.

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Do you sit near the fat bloke?
Reply 8
I assume you're going in hospitality/corporate.

Surely you abuse the other teams keeper the same half you have the team shoot towards you...
Original post by Left Hand Drive

Original post by Left Hand Drive
Surely you abuse the other teams keeper the same half you have the team shoot towards you...

Good point. No idea what I was thinking.
Reply 11
Wherever the atmosphere is. Sit next to away fans for good bantah.
Good point. No idea what I was thinking.

Lol! I sometimes dont enjoy sitting behind the goal its harder to whats going on in the other side
Reply 13
Original post by Of the Standard of Taste
If you are going to a game for the first time where's the best place to sit?

What's the stand called where the managers are usually seated?

On the field. Bring your own chair though, cause I am not sure if the team would be willing to share their bench
Original post by cfc1992

Haha, I think I know exactly who you mean as well.
Reply 15
Kop for the atmosphere but tbh there isn't one at Anfield unless it is a major game. So I like to sit right behind the press box at Anfield so I can watch the replays of contentious decisions on their laptops whilst having a perfect view right on the halfway line about 25 rows up.
I hate bottom tier behind a goal, I can't believe anyone would pay to be there :colonhash:

I like to pretend I'm playing FM so somewhere high up along either touchline is preferable :sexface:
Middle but I always sit at the end next to the away fans so I can abuse them
Reply 18
Original post by Economist
Middle but I always sit at the end next to the away fans so I can abuse them

Woah, almost off the 'ard scale there.

I'm happy to sacrifice a good view for a good atmosphere so I find the best place is lower tiers behind the goal. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by cfc1992

Was that meant for me? If so i know who you mean, sits right in the corner on the back row of the tiny east lower? Just spends all game with his arms crossed staring at the aways haha.

Latest