Reaction: So happy! Really loved the campus :smile:

University Of Lincoln
Course: Psychology
Grades Required: 300 points
Predicted Grades: A*AA
Reaction: Really good back-up :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by Sianelly
Ahh brilliant. I really wanted to apply to Royal Holloway last year but couldn't :frown: my friend goes there and loves it! Which Psychology have you applied to do? is it the single honours?
my choices are in my signature :smile:

xx

The single honours course. :biggrin: I didn't notice there was a joint one for Royal Holloway?
Reply 82
Ahh brilliant. I really wanted to apply to Royal Holloway last year but couldn't :frown: my friend goes there and loves it! Which Psychology have you applied to do? is it the single honours?
my choices are in my signature :smile:

xx

So do you already have all your grades from last year or a few years back? Or did you not have the predicted grades and decide to retake Year 12?
Reply 83
Original post by XJofo
The single honours course. :biggrin: I didn't notice there was a joint one for Royal Holloway?

I don't think they do, but I was curious :biggrin: I've just seen your signature! I was thinking of Bangor.. but its so far away :frown:

xx
Reply 84
I don't think they do, but I was curious :biggrin: I've just seen your signature! I was thinking of Bangor.. but its so far away :frown:

xx

Yeh, Bangor isn't too far from where I live (a few hours I think?) but it's very far from the universities my boyfriend is most likely to go to (Cambridge or Warwick) so I was very hesitant about putting that one down. :/ But in the end I decided to because it's apparantly a small campus town and the course looks good.
I sent my UCAS off before half term, and it went through our internal checking in half term (I know as they called to confirm stuff), so it should be sent off out the college now... Just waiting for my tracking information to come through though...

Psy with Sport Studies (Maj/Min) - Nottingham Trent - 260
Sport Psy - Coventry Uni - 300 (on website but I think on open day they said 320)
Psy and Sports (Joint) - Hertfordshire Uni - 320
Sport Psy - Central Lancashire Uni - 280
Psy and Sport Studies (joint) - Northampton - 260

These are in order of preference :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by XJofo
So do you already have all your grades from last year or a few years back? Or did you not have the predicted grades and decide to retake Year 12?

I'm currently on a gap year, so I have my A level grades :smile: but i've decided to retake a few exams :biggrin: are you in your last year at college?

xx
Reply 87
I'm currently on a gap year, so I have my A level grades :smile: but i've decided to retake a few exams :biggrin: are you in your last year at college?

xx

Yep- Year 13! I'm studying Biology, Psychology, Maths and General Studies for A level, and did Chemistry and Critical Thinking for AS. What grades and subjects did you get? :smile:
I just got an offer from Royal Holloway of AAB, it's my first offer and it's made me soooo happy! I'm sat in the library at college but feel like screaming :P
Reply 89
I completed my application a few days ago, but my college still hasn't sent it off. Think it'll take a couple of days, is this gonna be bad?
Also has anyone heard from Bristol?
I have applied for psychology at Leeds, Manchester, UEA, Nottingham and Bristol.
Happy to see Manchester is giving out ABBs,
hope i get some offers..
xxx
Original post by xbabycakes
eee! exciting.

I've noticed you've got an offer from RHUL too.. have you been invited to a campus visit? They want me to book a date, but you need a Student Number? or something to access the system. They said it'd be at the top right hand corner of my offer letter but that's only my UCAS ID. I tried it anyway and it hasn't worked. Grrr, might have to ring them.

Yeah I rang them up and she said she had been getting many calls about the student number. Basically, its not on the UCAS letter but today I received a letter through the post with my student number on the top right side, so that's the letter they were probably referring to :smile:

You should be receiving a letter too soon but if not you can always just ring up as I did and she can give you your student number. I've just managed to book my open day for the 8th December. Hope you manage to get hold of your number!
Reply 91
Original post by antta101
Im also applying for UCL :smile:

I'm going for UCL too. Really worried becaus I haven't sent off my application yet. Shopuld be done within the next week hopefully...

What are your prdeicted grades, and what subjects do you do? :smile:
Original post by pink12345
Yeah :smile: I'm doing Psychology, Law, Sports Science and Sociology. What A levels are you doing??

Also doing psychology ^_^
The others are Biology and Philosophy & Ethics as part of the AQA Baccalaureate (dropped Maths, Chemistry and Critical thinking).
Reply 93
I just got my first offer! :biggrin:

University: Bangor
Course: Psychology with Child and Language Development
Grades Required: 360 points
Predicted Grades: A*AA
Reaction: I'm so excited I can barely type - I was worried about not getting into anywhere so I'm thrilled!
Reply 94
Original post by zszs
I'm going for UCL too. Really worried becaus I haven't sent off my application yet. Shopuld be done within the next week hopefully...

a fellow psych UCL applicant! what are your subjects and predicted/grades? I'm doing Psych, Biology and Philosophy at A2. I got 4 A*'s 4 A's and 4 B's at GCSE, AAABB at AS level and then predicted A*AA. Good luck with your application!
Original post by alexmagpie
October 12th.
I'm pretty surprised - Durham was the one I thought I'd be waiting forever on.

Don't suppose you're the Alex from PSC? :tongue:
Reply 96
Original post by babyface1804
Yeah I rang them up and she said she had been getting many calls about the student number. Basically, its not on the UCAS letter but today I received a letter through the post with my student number on the top right side, so that's the letter they were probably referring to :smile:

You should be receiving a letter too soon but if not you can always just ring up as I did and she can give you your student number. I've just managed to book my open day for the 8th December. Hope you manage to get hold of your number!

yep got mine today! I haven't booked anything yet because I'm not 100% sure I want to go there. Thinking about it properly though I probably will end up going to this open day because it's a strong possibility of an insurance, so i might see you there! well done on your offer :smile:
Reply 97
a fellow psych UCL applicant! what are your subjects and predicted/grades? I'm doing Psych, Biology and Philosophy at A2. I got 4 A*'s 4 A's and 4 B's at GCSE, AAABB at AS level and then predicted A*AA. Good luck with your application!

I do Philosophy too! I also do Eng Lit and Lang, and dropped Spanish at AS. At AS I got 3 A's and a B, but I've dropped one A and carried on with Eng which is what i got the B in, but I'm re-taking, so hopefully the grade will go up. I've been predicted 3 A*'s... but there's no doubt that I'm not going to get that :smile: UCL is my first choice. Yours too?
Reply 98
yep got mine today! I haven't booked anything yet because I'm not 100% sure I want to go there. Thinking about it properly though I probably will end up going to this open day because it's a strong possibility of an insurance, so i might see you there! well done on your offer :smile:

Where else are you applying? x
Reply 99
Original post by zszs
I do Philosophy too! I also do Eng Lit and Lang, and dropped Spanish at AS. At AS I got 3 A's and a B, but I've dropped one A and carried on with Eng which is what i got the B in, but I'm re-taking, so hopefully the grade will go up. I've been predicted 3 A*'s... but there's no doubt that I'm not going to get that :smile: UCL is my first choice. Yours too?

Original post by zszs
Where else are you applying? x

How're you finding Philosophy? :smile: I got an A last year, complete fluke! I'm finding it quite a struggle this year. The only thing I'm retaking is the biology practical to gain UMS, good luck with your retake! those are good grades. I see you're taking psych without studying it at A level? :smile: what made you choose it at uni?

and I'm wanting to go to London, so my rest of my choices are QMUL, RHUL, Goldsmiths and Surrey. UCL is my first choice! if not, then hopefully Queen Mary :smile: you? x

Quick Reply

Latest