Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    Im struggling allot at the moment in my mechanical engineering degree.
    Im just thinking right now, worse case senario, if i failed the second year, how harrd would it be to get at least a 2:1 overall?
    What sort of grades would i have to get in the third year to get 60% overall? assuming i get 40% in the second?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    oh dear im already finding it hard and only in my first year. How much harder does it get !?

ReputationRep:
    i bearly scrapped a pass in the first year, i wish id resat it, and got more of a undestanding first.
    It gets allot harder! belive me! lol.
    If you come close to failing or scrape by with a pass, i would resit the first year anyway. If i had my time again, that is what i would do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steve1991)
    i bearly scrapped a pass in the first year, i wish id resat it, and got more of a undestanding first.
    It gets allot harder! belive me! lol.
    If you come close to failing or scrape by with a pass, i would resit the first year anyway. If i had my time again, that is what i would do.
    It's not like school, you can't retake if you actually pass, even just about - you're just stuck with it.

ReputationRep:
    if your not understanding the content, try and improve your exam technique - you can normally gain a few marks here and there if you can 'work' the system.

other than that, weneva you get coursework, get help and lots of it from the clever people so you can have some sort of buffer when it comes to exams.

if you got 40% second year, then you would probably need to get a first in your 3rd yr to get a 2.1 as the final year is normally more heavily weighted (in my case it was 1: 3 : 6 for the consecutive years)

ReputationRep:
    of course you can! its the first year, if you pass, you can still decide to re-do the first year if you want. Its the same as it you fail. The first year doesnt count for anything torwards your degree.

Can someone please answer my original questions? thanks

ReputationRep:
    okay thanks special k!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.