The Student Room Group

Snow

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
We just had another heavy snowfall - checked the met office its meant to continue until tomorrow....doesnt look like Ill be finishing the xmas shop.

Might be a repeat of last year over again - lived on hill, not gritted - didnt dare take the car out - 'oh no we have no food and cant get to the supermarket' - 'to the pub' - I think we ate there for about a week haha
Just checked the forecast for here and it's changed from 'Heavy Snow' all day tomorrow to 'Cloudy' :colonhash:
Reply 742
Original post by The Stig
Just checked the forecast for here and it's changed from 'Heavy Snow' all day tomorrow to 'Cloudy' :colonhash:

probably just as well! - Im on weather warning for the next 2 days :s-smilie: although there is meant to be a little bit of sun tomorrow in amongst the 'heavy snow' - thankfully it looks like it will stop snowing on tuesday....although by then it may take me a week or so to dig myself out....
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 743
There's no snow where I am :frown: There was a few flakes yesterday but nothing that settled. Just looked at Met Office and there's none forecast for my area either. Also saw that some places have been given a red weather warning :shock: Don't envy that :sadnod:
West London and boyyy we got thick snow! Too bad i'm ill and cant go build a snowman/woman :frown:
We've had sooo much snow, I love it :smile:

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 746
Original post by PrincessAriadne
We've had sooo much snow, I love it :smile:

Your pics look amazing :smile: Ours isnt that impressive - had about 4/5 inches though :rolleyes:.....
Original post by suzie101
Your pics look amazing :smile: Ours isnt that impressive - had about 4/5 inches though :rolleyes:.....

Thank you :smile: This was about a week ago, it snowed nonstop for a week or so, and got to about 2 feet. Then it went away :eek: but it's just started again :biggrin:
I've been panicking about this all week- but now it can snow and I won't care, as I'm home safe and sound from uni for three weeks! :biggrin:
Damn people, I feel so jealous of you. :smile: the last time we had lots of snow here was like 3-4 years ago. :frown:

p.s. I live in Athens.
we had a bit of snow and lots of wind, the snow settled but then stopped pretty quickly.
Reply 751
ooo my thread got merged.....wondered why it went from 4 pages to 39 lol

Meh its stopped snowing now - kinda a shame I was looking forward to digging myself out tomorrow lol
If it snows in London/Dorset tomorrow I'm so screwed :h:
Apparently the south-east england gets above 10cm of snow tonight/tomorow.............
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
If it snows in London/Dorset tomorrow I'm so screwed :h:

If it snows in London/Kent tomorrow I'm screwed :sad:
Original post by Loz17
If it snows in London/Kent tomorrow I'm screwed :sad:

So basically we are both screwed :p:
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
So basically we are both screwed :p:

Basically. *******s :sad:

:p:
Original post by Guvnor
I have a friend in Norway, I spoke to him a few days back he was telling me that the temperature at that time was around -17 :eek4:

In the next but one town along from us it gets to about -22 in winter. It's got down to -27 twice, which made it the coldest village in Scotland.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 758
Original post by PrincessAriadne
In the next but one town along from us it gets to about -22 in winter. It's got down to -27 twice, which made it the coldest village in Scotland.

That is a pretty horrific temperature for the UK, never knew it got that bad up north :holmes:

:eek4:
Original post by Guvnor
That is a pretty horrific temperature for the UK, never knew it got that bad up north :holmes:

:eek4:

I remember the first time we went there and the windows in the car started freezing up, it was so freaky. It kinda feels *so* cold that you can't really even feel it. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending