Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what can i do to include in my personal statement that will make people go WOW!! or maybe be very very impressed. help peoples!

maths and economics student. thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Read a maths and/or Economics book, mention it and comment on it.

'The undercover economist', 'Freakonomics', 'The Armchair Economist' are good economics books
    'Music of the primes', 'Game, Set and Math', 'A Mathematician's Apology' are good maths books

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...matics_Reading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Read a maths and/or Economics book, mention it and comment on it.

'The undercover economist', 'Freakonomics', 'The Armchair Economist' are good economics books
    'Music of the primes', 'Game, Set and Math', 'A Mathematician's Apology' are good maths books

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...matics_Reading
    Thanks, do u know if theres any lectures i can go to or enter in competitions or conferences, debates?

ReputationRep:
    If you're planning to apply by the deadline then no but I wouldnt worry about that. Also a broadsheet or economics journal would be good to mention too. If I was applying for econ I'd mention the london evening standard and the economist. Maybe even the wall street journal - I read an article from it online although if I got called to interview I'd make sure I'd read enough to talk about it should I get questioned about it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I was just asking myself a question: How important is the personal statement ?
    In fact, I was just rereading one of my personal statement I already submitted and guess what, I found a slight english mistake. I forgot an apostrophe s, writing something like this: "a mathematician responsibilities" instead of " a mathematician's responsilities". Can this be the fatal error ? can my application be rejected just because of this ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.