Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I know this is a pretty obscure question and no one will probably know but does anyone know if Northumbria uses undergrad students as wardens in the halls? It's just I know a few uni's that have that system and I'd really love to do it next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Read My Mind)
    Hey guys,

I know this is a pretty obscure question and no one will probably know but does anyone know if Northumbria uses undergrad students as wardens in the halls? It's just I know a few uni's that have that system and I'd really love to do it next year.
    Do wardens have any friends? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJay91)
    Do wardens have any friends? :confused:
    No I'm assuming if you want someone to take a role in a building with hundreds of teenagers you want the most introverted anti-social people possible...

ReputationRep:
    No I'm assuming if you want someone to take a role in a building with hundreds of teenagers you want the most introverted anti-social people possible...
    Why would you want wardens in halls though? I mean, the ''lets party until we trash this place'' type of people is not at universities anymore (hopefully).

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want wardens in halls though? I mean, the ''lets party until we trash this place'' type of people is not at universities anymore (hopefully).
    No hopefully they aren't at uni anymore... though given what I saw the last freshers they still are :eek:.

No I wanna do it cos it'll be (hopefully) a really positive experience, you know making sure everyones ok, waking people up for fire drills .

ReputationRep:
    No hopefully they aren't at uni anymore... though given what I saw the last freshers they still are :eek:.

No I wanna do it cos it'll be (hopefully) a really positive experience, you know making sure everyones ok, waking people up for fire drills .
    Waking up everyone in the halls for fire drills doesn't sound bad at all! It's just a bit of a risk that some students could be a bit prejudice and think of wardens as some kinds of weirdos. I was a bit prejudice as well.

ReputationRep:
    Waking up everyone in the halls for fire drills doesn't sound bad at all! It's just a bit of a risk that some students could be a bit prejudice and think of wardens as some kinds of weirdos. I was a bit prejudice as well.
    At the end of the day do I actually care if a bunch of 18 year olds think I'm a wierdo though...

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day do I actually care if a bunch of 18 year olds think I'm a wierdo though...
    Well, I thought that the wardens are usually one or two years above the freshers.

ReputationRep:
    There's one where I live, I'm pretty sure she's a student but she's late 20-ish and either 3rd or 4th year (I think!) Or even postgrad. But she's definitely a student.

I doubt they'd let a Fresher (presuming you are?) loose in the office. You could always ring up and ask though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    There's one where I live, I'm pretty sure she's a student but she's late 20-ish and either 3rd or 4th year (I think!) Or even postgrad. But she's definitely a student.

I doubt they'd let a Fresher (presuming you are?) loose in the office. You could always ring up and ask though.
    Hey thanks for your response . No I'm not a fresher I've been at Northumbria two years now and I'll be 22 by next september. Which halls do you live in?

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks for your response . No I'm not a fresher I've been at Northumbria two years now and I'll be 22 by next september. Which halls do you live in?
    Oh right I'm in the Stephenson Building.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yer I've heard of those halls, the photos I've seen look pretty nice... though I must admit I have no idea where the halls actually are :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.