The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds or Newcastle nightlife

Sorry, I can't seem to find the best place to post this..

Planning a weekend away in February next year, either Leeds or Newcastle. We've done Newcastle a few times and have a soft spot for the place.. but have heard good things about the nightlife in Leeds too.

The hotel's going to cost more in Newcastle, and travelling from Bristol will be easier to Leeds too - can probably do it in an afternoon rather than having to allow a whole day to Tyne.

Also what Leeds is like as a daytime place.. it's always nice wandering round Newcastle Quayside market on a Sunday before coming home past the Angel!

Any pointers appreciated :-)
Original post by japitts
Sorry, I can't seem to find the best place to post this..

Planning a weekend away in February next year, either Leeds or Newcastle. We've done Newcastle a few times and have a soft spot for the place.. but have heard good things about the nightlife in Leeds too.

The hotel's going to cost more in Newcastle, and travelling from Bristol will be easier to Leeds too - can probably do it in an afternoon rather than having to allow a whole day to Tyne.

Also what Leeds is like as a daytime place.. it's always nice wandering round Newcastle Quayside market on a Sunday before coming home past the Angel!

Any pointers appreciated :-)

Having lived in Leeds for years and been to Newcastle a few times, I'd say that both are top quality for a night out! They're both studenty places with plenty of bars/clubs/pubs for whatever scene you're into, though Leeds is prob slightly more 'indie'. Newcastle has more slaggish bars concentrated in one place (the Bigg Market or Quayside), whilst Leeds is a bit classier. Newcastle has more sights to see in the daytime though as the quays and the Baltic ad Angel are pretty cool. Go to both!
(edited 13 years ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Newcastle.

Quick Reply

Latest