The Student Room Group

Electronics and computer engineering BEng in Leeds and Sheffield

Electronics and computer engineering BEng in Sheffield and Leeds

I applied for this course in both university of Leeds and university of Sheffield. Which one would be a better option (course, Uni, city) in your opinion?
Reply 1
Original post by Ahmed Mubarak

I applied for this course in both university of Leeds and university of Sheffield. Which one would be a better option (course, Uni, city) in your opinion?

Ultimately: it’s your choice at the end of the day. That being said, I would say Sheffield is probably a better option imo. Got a great Student union, class nightlife, and a higher ranking than Leeds in the electrical + electronic engineering category on the guardian list and complete uni guide. But they are both great universities. I’ve applied for the Sheffield one with grade B achieved and AA predicted, and hopefully I’ll get an offer. What are your Grades?
Reply 2
Original post by toby695
Ultimately: it’s your choice at the end of the day. That being said, I would say Sheffield is probably a better option imo. Got a great Student union, class nightlife, and a higher ranking than Leeds in the electrical + electronic engineering category on the guardian list and complete uni guide. But they are both great universities. I’ve applied for the Sheffield one with grade B achieved and AA predicted, and hopefully I’ll get an offer. What are your Grades?

Predicted A*AA
Original post by Ahmed Mubarak

Hi Ahmed,

In terms of the course, while not studying EEE myself, I have a lot of friends who do who are really enjoying the subject. They get a lot of hands on experience with hardware and enjoy their lectures. The engineering department at Sheffield has state of the art facilities, evidenced by the new buildings dedicated for engineering like the Diamond and Heartspace.

As a city, I really enjoy the integrated aspect of city and countryside as the Peak District is such a short distance away! There is also plenty of nightlife and fun activities like boardgames cafes and cat cafes. I found it a good mix and it is really easy to find an evening activity. Also, the fact that the campus is a city uni makes it easy to access the city any time as most facilities are only a maximum 20 minute walk away from the Diamond.

Let me know if you have any specific questions!
Jivanthika

Quick Reply

Latest