The Student Room Group

Anyone else been rejected for a Primary PGCE?

I had an interview at Brighton uni for the Primary PGCE last week and have just found out that I was 'unsuccessful', so am pretty disappointed. Wondered if anyone else was in a similar position (as everyone on the forums seems to be getting offers! lol) and what options we have now?? x
Reply 1
I haven't but would like to let you know that the Brighton teaching courses are very sort after and the places are hard to get. I am at Brighton doing the Ba Hons in primary ed and course leader was telling us how he hates doing the PGCE interviews because they are so hard.
He did mention that they narrow it down by ruling out anyone who uses note cards for their presentation? but thats all I can say.

Sorry you didn't make it. All the best for the future x
hey, just want to let you know you are not the only one i also recieved an " unsuccessful" from my first choice uni for primary pgce at anglia ruskin university according to the feedback it was due to lack of experience ( i only have 40 days, including key stage 1&2) and the maths test let me down, my mate who applied for the primary pgce at birmingham university, following her interview also did not get in.
Reply 3
Original post by rachlera
Thanks for both your replies. I did use notes for my presentation so it's good to know that might have been a reason- though noone in my presentation group spoke without notes! I'm waiting for feedback for Brighton. I think it's likely to be due to not having much experience and I was quite nervous doing my presentation! x

I used note cards, and I got an offer for mine, so it seems stupid that they would rule people out on that. Well by note cards, I mean that I had cards with a few pictures on to jog my memory of what to say next if I forgot due to nerves! I the only problem with note cards is if people are reading straight from them !! One girl who i met at my interview didn't get in because she had learnt her presentation off by heart and reeled it off from memory, that looked really bad! As in she said it so monotone it was boring to listen to and she didn't interact with anyone listening, like no eye contact or excitement. I nearly fell asleep!

x
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
I think it was reliance on note cards or reading directly from a powerpoint.
I also dont think they would just say they used notes so NO. I think they do choose people on their own merits but the note cards help choose between equally good candidates

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending