The Student Room Group

Primary Education with QTS @ Edge Hill

Hi everyone,

I am starting at Edge Hill in September studying Primary Education with QTS and was wondering if there is anyone else planning on going? I’m hoping to get to know people before I start!

Also, if anyone who is studying or has studied Primary Ed can you give me any tips on how to prepare? Is there anything I will benefit from buying / doing / reading before I actually start!?

Thank you!
Reply 1
It's great to see your enthusiasm about starting your journey in Primary Education with QTS at Edge Hill in September. You're definitely not alone in wanting to get to know your peers beforehand and start building connections early. Have you considered contacting the school or the instructors of the course to see if they are aware of any pre-course activities or resources that would help you communicate with other students Start reading in advance in order to get ready for your course. To have a better understanding of the crucial ideas and subjects you'll be covered, you can check out the suggested reading list offered by your course or conduct some independent research. Additionally, you may want to brush up on your time management and study skills, as these will be crucial in juggling coursework and placements. Don't be reluctant to seek your instructors or course counsellors for advice and help, at the absolute least. They're there to help you succeed and can provide valuable insights and guidance throughout your course. Good luck on your journey!
Hi @chloesealeyy,

Congratulations on your offer for Edge Hill University!

In the summer months students will be invited to view their applicant webpages. Here there will be lots of information to help you prepare for your course, included some recommend pre-course reading. Therefore, I would advise you to keep checking your emails for further updates.

In the meantime you could familiarise yourself with the national curriculum for your age phase.

You might find it useful to chat to Hannah, who is a current student on our PGCE Primary Early Years Education with QTS course, to find out more about what it is like to study a PGCE with us and how she prepared to study a PGCE.

I hope this helps.

We are looking forward to welcoming you on to campus in September :smile:

Pippa
Course Enquiries Team

Original post by chloesealeyy
Hi everyone,

I am starting at Edge Hill in September studying Primary Education with QTS and was wondering if there is anyone else planning on going? I’m hoping to get to know people before I start!

Also, if anyone who is studying or has studied Primary Ed can you give me any tips on how to prepare? Is there anything I will benefit from buying / doing / reading before I actually start!?

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending