The Student Room Group

Sociology - AQA Unit 1 - Families and Households Jan 2011

Is anyone doing this exam on the 14th of January 2011?

How is everyone finding it?

Revision going well?

Let there be discussion :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hii i am doing this exam as well as unit 4 crime and deviance i havnt started revision for this exam yet as i am trying to get thtes for unit 4 finished however compared to unit 4 im not to worrried about this exam and of the three units ive done 1 2 and 4 i like it the best
Reply 2
Original post by jimbo9292
Hii i am doing this exam as well as unit 4 crime and deviance i havnt started revision for this exam yet as i am trying to get thtes for unit 4 finished however compared to unit 4 im not to worrried about this exam and of the three units ive done 1 2 and 4 i like it the best

AH nice to know someone doing this and unit 4! :smile: I still havent finished unit 4 notes, it is such a big topic! I don't think unit 1 looks too bad, hopefully it'll be okay :smile:
Reply 3
I am, and revision hasn't been going too badly. Can someone give me some ideas of the things I must know, and which Sociologists I must know?
Reply 4
Original post by calannra
Is anyone doing this exam on the 14th of January 2011?

How is everyone finding it?

Revision going well?

Let there be discussion :smile:

i'm doing unit 1 resit exam on 14 january, lol failed the first time round due to poor preparation:colondollar:...i'm gonna start revision from tomorrow onwards, hows yours going?...any1 got any revision tips other than practice past papers ?:confused:
Reply 5
yes im doing an exam on families and household on january 14 but im kind of worried
i want to know what people are expecting to come up on the exam but i think that
. functionalism
. feminism
. Divorce
. Demography
.social policy
are the most likely to come up
please people what do you think
Reply 6
Original post by englishboy

yes im doing an exam on families and household on january 14 but im kind of worried
i want to know what people are expecting to come up on the exam but i think that
. functionalism
. feminism
. Divorce
. Demography
.social policy

Childhood
Marxism, postmodern maybe
Reply 7
hey im doing it, i have started my revision but i feel like im going round in circles and i dont really know exactly what i should be revising :confused:. if any one can help i would be very grateful :smile: thankyou
Reply 8
marxism and family diversity was the 2 essay question in january 2011
june 2009 - gender role and relationship and changes in birth rate, family size
january 2009 2 essay question was on childhood and nuclear family

what came on in the resit in june 2010 for families and household

and what do people think is the most likely topics to come on in the exam for january 2011
Reply 9
theres so much information to get in:/.. has anyone got any tips for how to revise? or any notes perhaps?.. would be much appreciated; thankyouu <3
urgh i can't do it!
i need to up my grade by retaking this but i just can't get all the information in my head let alone learn exam technique :frown:
any tips for how to write a decent essay would be great,
or a link for 'perfect' essay answers? i just need to learn the structure :frown:
Original post by sara.xx
theres so much information to get in:/.. has anyone got any tips for how to revise? or any notes perhaps?.. would be much appreciated; thankyouu <3

Same I need some help,
i need at least 34 in this exam :frown:
i just don't feel like i can do it
marxism and family diversity was the 2 essay question in january 2011
june 2009 - gender role and relationship and changes in birth rate, family size
january 2009 2 essay question was on childhood and nuclear family

what came on in the resit in june 2010 for families and household

and what do people think is the most likely topics to come on in the exam for january 2011

something about death rates came up in june 2010 - was awful
but can't remember the other one

any predictions for this year?
i'm thinking childhood as it hasn't come up and hopefully something like Marxism/functionalism in the family :biggrin:
Original post by Plonk
I am, and revision hasn't been going too badly. Can someone give me some ideas of the things I must know, and which Sociologists I must know?

my revision is going terribly
how are you revising?
. functionalism
. feminism
. Divorce
. Demography
.social policy

I defenitly think childhood will come up as i don't think it's come up yet as an essay question.
scary stuff - i havent even started childhood yet :frown:
Yeah got the exam on the 14th, luckily my only exam though so isn't too much of a stress as it could have been.
Original post by DanGLiverpool
Yeah got the exam on the 14th, luckily my only exam though so isn't too much of a stress as it could have been.

lucky for some :biggrin:
how have you been revising?
Reply 17
Original post by jimbo9292

I'm also doing the Unit 4 exam as well as Unit 1. :frown:

How are you finding it?

What is, according to you, is the best way to revise sociology? :smile:
I find it really difficult to memorise all the things... especially with Unit 4 as well.
Original post by Bubbles0ox
lucky for some :biggrin:
how have you been revising?

Been really looking at the notes my teacher has been giving me (actually got more family notes from my education in sociology teacher than my family teacher, he has been covering both topics to cove lack of notes from other teacher, who prefers to just talk for 50 minutes)
Original post by DanGLiverpool
Been really looking at the notes my teacher has been giving me (actually got more family notes from my education in sociology teacher than my family teacher, he has been covering both topics to cove lack of notes from other teacher, who prefers to just talk for 50 minutes)

one of my teachers just talks at us!
its sooo annoying but somehow i managed to do better on that exam so i have retake this stupid unit :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending