The Student Room Group

Sociology - AQA Unit 2 - Education and Research Methods Jan 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lovely_tea1
oh cool yh I am aiming for full marks in research methods.

Ive been revising that. Do you know what might come up for Families? i Think childhood came up in Jan.
Thanks

Its entirely possible if you keep on doing past papers :wink:

Well for families... Domestic violence has not come up for a good while... What book are you revising from?
Reply 101
hi what topic do you lot think will come up for education, research methods and families and household,
my teacher told me that she thinks ethnicity might come up for education as it hasn't come up in a while :biggrin:
Original post by daemongreen

Well for families... Domestic violence has not come up for a good while... What book are you revising from?

Hi,

I am revising from the AQA book. Domestic violence.. do you include all of the theoretical perspectives and a load of feminism.
Do you think Family policies or Family diversity can come up? sorry that I keep asking you this lol
I don't see how domestic violence can come up as a 24-mark question due to the fact the subject isn't substantial enough. It could only be part of a question surely? Id on't know, maybe I just haven't learnt it enough - but I keep hearing (or reading) people say that it's coming up so I think I should research it Lol.
Original post by akemikat
I don't see how domestic violence can come up as a 24-mark question due to the fact the subject isn't substantial enough. It could only be part of a question surely? Id on't know, maybe I just haven't learnt it enough - but I keep hearing (or reading) people say that it's coming up so I think I should research it Lol.

I think its unlikely that a question would come up on domestic violence alone as it is a small part of the subject with about 3 case studies in it :/

Though it could easily be the (9 mark?) question. They could ask a type of question such as 'assess the contribution of feminism to the changes in family structure in recent decades'.

That would be an evil question :/ but you could obviously put about how feminists drew attention to the the issue of domestic violence. Linking it back to the question with 'which makes divorce and seperation easier and with less social stigma attached, therfore resulting in an increase of single parent families'.
(edited 12 years ago)

You were right feminists came up Yday. yay

So do you think ethnicities has a good chance of coming up 2morrow for Education ..

What do you think will come up in Methods in Context?
:smile:
Ethnicity came up in 2009 i think so i think it will be social class :smile:
& experiments ...
Original post by BabyShivanii

Original post by BabyShivanii
Ethnicity came up in 2009 i think so i think it will be social class :smile:
& experiments ...

I though the that too

I dont know why everyone is assuming Ethnicity is going to come up :/
Does anyone have the past paper for last May for education and research methods? Or know what was on it?
Reply 109
Got my exam Friday, anyone have any idea's on what to expect?
Reply 110
Original post by rmartin735

[QUOTE="rmartin735;35896712"]Does anyone have the past paper for last May for education and research methods? Or know what was on it?
the 2 marker for education was define immediate gratification
6 was identify 3 policies that promote marketisation
12 was about functions in school
24 was about social class underacheivement in regards to factors with in education

research and education was either use offical stats or participant ob to investigate trancy
research methods was
2 marker - define validity
4 marker diff between sampling frame and sample
4- 2 problems of using document
12- problems of using experiments

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending