The Student Room Group

Would you kill a baby?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Sounds like the Harry Potter story...

Answer. No I couldn't.
Reply 41
I really love and hate these type of questions. Really, does anyone know where I can find a huge list of them?

No, I would not kill a baby. The emotional trauma I'd experience afterwards would make my life hell, and I'd rather live a life, any life, than one like that. But I.. just, don't know. I'm saying that I wouldn't kill the baby, but in the real situation, I would just think, and think. I would just freeze and cripple and try to block everything out, and decide never to go on trains again, maybe. Knowing that I was going to die, I'd know how much time I had left, and reorganise if I had to, my life around to do all the things I've ever wanted to do, I'd build an orphanage (something I really, genuinely want to do) and devote the rest of my life helping people.

The Twilight Zone post was really intersting, I would really want to watch that episode!

This really got me thinking! But my answer to sum up, is no (99.9%). I'm going to recomfort myself and everyone else and say fortunately, these thing's are, and always will be, 'what-ifs'. I love other peoples opinions too.
Reply 42

Only these ones. **** mini-babybels
Reply 43
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Greek mythology in English sounds great. :tongue: I love Greek Mythology although, as demonstrated by my lack of knowledge, I should do some more reading on it. :tongue:

Oh don't get me wrong, Greek Mythology is fascinating, however when I then have to read Norwegian and Russian Texts and then contrast and compare them, sometimes the interest dwindles :teehee:
Reply 44

Ohhhh, I see. :rofl:

I can imagine. Ah well, at least when you are free from the constraints for any further study, you can read at your own leisure in English. :mmm:

Not quite, I am finished with those texts but now I move onto world literature for my exam :sigh: When will it end :moon:

I see what you did there :colonhash:

love the avatar btw :gah:
Original post by Charzhino
...if you found out that it would grow up to murder you?

I was on the train today to uni and stood up all the way because there was a lot of rush and there was a mother sat down in my eye line with a small baby about 3-4 months old. It could hardly keep its eyes open for more than a few seconds.

After seeing how cute it was, a random thought came into my head that what if it grew up and was responsible for my death in 15-20 years time. Would I have the courage to kill it then? I thought this is an interesting dilemma and want to know what other people would do?

Of course and I would sleep better at night.

Hell, I would kill the baby if it simply grew up to be a chav or anything like that.
Thats a strange thing to think when you look at a baby.

No I wouldn't......just kill it when its old and less cute
Reply 47
I like to think I wouldn't, but if somehow it was certain, then, maybe I would.
Reply 48
100%.

Would get someone to rape it if i had to.
Reply 49
No, I would kill it when it tries to kill me.
Reply 50

I'm in the exact same position. :teehee: Massive pile of :teeth: books but Law reading takes precedence. Thanks :teehee:

Spoiler

:five:

And yes just from my philosophical studies there are many meanings I can deduce from it :pierre:

Spoiler

If it was a zombie baby, like out of Dawn of the Dead, i'd kill it.
If the baby was 100% destined to grow up and kill me, surely I wouldn't even be able to kill it?
Reply 53
This so reminds me of all those insane

"Harry Potter character goes back in time to kill Voldemort when he's a child. But don't manage it ." fan fictions.

lol.
Reply 54
No, the decission becomes essentially either I die or the baby dies, and I have to say I don't think I have the right to say who's life is worth more mine or the baby's.
No, no I wouldn't. How can you kill a little defenceless baby?
You were on the train, saw a baby and thought about killing it lol... you're oddly analytical and a deep thinker.

Most likely no, never. But question - Is the baby the spawn of Satan and the Anti-Christ incarnate, destined to grow into the figure that dominates the world, starting armageddon among other things, maybe then I'd consider it
I would anyway even if I knew the baby would grow up and not try to kill me. :banana2:
Nah, I couldn't kill a baby - too cute.

I might kick it around for a while though.
Reply 59

I deduced ninja smiley fail. :pierre:

Spoiler

I am so embarrased :emo:

:ninja: ...........................WIN :smug:

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending