The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PlanetEuropa
It says this in their laws. And their is no such thing is permenant residence visas. You can onyl get 6 months visas in the middle east if you are not ethnically Arab/Muslim.

I know many people who work in the middle east and I have posted various sources on the middle easts immigraiton policiy, I will try and dig it out.

I'm not expert on Middle East immigration policy, but I'm sure British non-muslims have had permanent residence visas there. There was a documentary on BBC news about a non-British man who permanently lived in Dubai running a business there, and couldn't leave because he got into debt.

I'll have to check but I have a feeling my grandparents had one in Saudi Arabia as well. If not, it was definitely far, far more than 6 months.
Can you not read or something. I advocate banning Muslims immigraiton. Obviously a white convert cannot be deported anywhere. Could you use your head please.

My reading proficiency is perfectly capable thank you. Its ironic that someone who bases his views on a strong dislike of a certain religion and corrupt logic rather than reason, would then ask someone else to use their head. Also, you have tried to skip around an obvious whole in your argument by trying to accuse me of being stupid. You were asked, "How would you know that someone was Muslim?" and you replied by saying that you would exclude arabs. Now I then asked,what about a white Muslim convert who was trying to enter the country? To which you responded with some crap attempt at steering the conversation away from your retarded idea.

The extremists of 7/7 were born in the UK. How would your policy of discrimination against incoming Muslims have prevented that atrocity?
Reply 162
This makes me sad :frown: Rest in peace whoever died...
Original post by PerigeeApogee
My question is why you would refuse to leave?

I mean, if you subscribe to such backwards, middle-eastern beliefs, then why do you WANT to a live a in a country whose people and governance refuse to subscribe to them? Surely moving to a country whose politics, culture and society is governed by Islam is something you'd want?

If Britain's politics and culture became over-run with religious dogma, then I would certainly flee to a country with secular values to live in a society whose values lie congruent to my own. Why would a religious person living in a secular society not want to flee to a theocracy?

The fact that you don't, I think, suggests that you're not into your religion as you like to pretend you are. You obviously have little confidence in it.

You mean like virtually every Christian in the country?
Reply 164

I mean, if you subscribe to such backwards, middle-eastern beliefs, then why do you WANT to a live a in a country whose people and governance refuse to subscribe to them? Surely moving to a country whose politics, culture and society is governed by Islam is something you'd want?

If Britain's politics and culture became over-run with religious dogma, then I would certainly flee to a country with secular values to live in a society whose values lie congruent to my own. Why would a religious person living in a secular society not want to flee to a theocracy?

The fact that you don't, I think, suggests that you're not into your religion as you like to pretend you are. You obviously have little confidence in it.

HAHAHAHAHAH. I hope your trying to be funny. Musslims will do anything to get away from Sharia law. They will do anything to escape Islamic countries and come to the free west.

A muslims emigrating to Pakistan, pigs will fly.

Yeah, I'd love to live in an Islamic state.
Unfortunately there are currently 0 of them in existance. :rolleyes:
Reply 166
Original post by callum9999
You mean like virtually every Christian in the country?

How many European christians move to Pakistan or the middle east - not ****ing many, bar the tiny minority who buy holiday homes in dubai.
HAHAHAHAHAH. I hope your trying to be funny. Musslims will do anything to get away from Sharia law. They will do anything to escape Islamic countries and come to the free west.

Well not quite anything... Considering there are millions of muslims living under Sharia law who have the means to emigrate should they want to...
Reply 168
callum9999
a) non-muslims are allowed in and b) you can practise any religion you want in a private home.

That's questionable.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080617090608/http://www.asianews.it/view.php?l=en&art=5869

callum9999
Take the UAE for example, it's liberalising all the time.

In what way is it liberalising?

callum9999
While Saudi Arabia is nowhere near that stage yet - it will get there eventually

How can you be so sure? I'd like to see some evidence.

callum9999
and criticism from it's allies will help get it there.

Evidence?

[quote=callum9999I said relations would cease

How do you know? Again, you're making outrageous claims wouldn't providing evidence

[quote-callum9999]I thought our actions were because "all muslims are potential terrorists"?

I don't want a lot of Muslim this country, but not for that silly reason. I don't want it because they are a threat to liberal values.
Fact: In Iran homosexuality is punishable by death, but Iranians can receive government aid to become a transsexual. That is as much of a failure as this bombing.
As far as I'm concerned, white converts to Islam are as unacceptable in civilised western society as arab muslims.

If you pledge allegiance to a set of backward, middle-eastern beliefs, then you can piss off and live there.

But isnt it this exact anti-tolerant attitude that is one of the reasons why many of you dislike Islam? So really you are of the same calibre as the intolerant extremists? The only difference being that you feel that it is your intolerance that is more deserving of attention than theirs.
How many European christians move to Pakistan or the middle east - not ****ing many, bar the tiny minority who buy holiday homes in dubai.

What's that got to do with anything?

That person was criticised for not following the Quaran 100% so wasn't a proper muslim - I was just pointing out the vast majority of Christians in this country don't follow the bible anywhere near 100% but they are still deemed christian...
Muslims contribute nothing of significant value to europe, you degrade europe with you backs wards beliefs and values.

Who gives Europe the right to determine what is right, wrong, backward and forward?
Reply 174
As usual, people completely miss the motivation for the bombing and rant off in a different tangent.

Shame
Reply 175
Original post by adam_zed
But isnt it this exact anti-tolerant attitude that is one of the reasons why many of you dislike Islam? So really you are of the same calibre as the intolerant extremists? The only difference being that you feel that it is your intolerance that is more deserving of attention than theirs.

Why extend tolerance to people who are intolerant. I tolerate gays for instance because I finds them tolerant. I do not tolerate islam because it is intolerant.

What do you base that assumption on?
As far as I'm concerned, white converts to Islam are as unacceptable in civilised western society as arab muslims.

If you pledge allegiance to a set of backward, middle-eastern beliefs, then you can piss off and live there.

That's a tad extreme :s-smilie:

But I do wonder why any Muslim - convert or otherwise, wouldn't want to go and live in a predominantly Muslim state where they're not going to be persecuted for their beliefs and integration won't be a problem.
Reply 178
Original post by LiamTheKook
Who gives Europe the right to determine what is right, wrong, backward and forward?

Who says that we don't have the right. I maybe don't have the right to criticise Islamic culture if it is in a Muslim country. I have every right to criticise other cultures when it is in my country.

I will ****ing well determine what is backwards when it is on my own doorstep.
Original post by adam_zed
considering that you seem to automatically assume that a Muslim is Arab, what would you do with a white Muslim convert?

They're IMO miles more dangerous than Muslims brought up in the faith - zealotry of the new convert.

I can't understand why anyone would join such a horrible religion if they'd not been forced into it from a young age... unless they seriously had a screw loose.

Where's the hotbed of muslim conversion btw? - inside prisons.

Latest

Trending

Trending