The Student Room Group

(A LEVELS) How much are you planning to study in the Christmas holidays?

Scroll to see replies

bare.
As much as I can realistically fit in... Maybe 3 to 5 hours a day?
It's my little brother's birthday on the 23rd so I wont revise then, ditto the 25th (duh) and probably the 24th for peace of mind. Then other than New Years Eve and day, revise revise revise! :banghead:

Only have a maths exam in January but have mocks as well so may as well revise everything.
Reply 102
Original post by LifeIsGood
Ouch, mine's in late December. Good luck with your revision, sure you'll do well :biggrin:

Thanks, good luck to you too!
Not nearly enough as I should.

But way more than I want to.
Same as you probably. I won't be revising this weekend because it's my friend's birthday, and nor will I revise on christmas day, boxing day, new years eve or new years day - christmas day and boxing day because I 'technically' celebrate it, and new years because it's just a time to spend with your friends.
I have 3 re-takes, so will study for 2-3 hours each day (minimum). If I tell myself to do more than that, I probably won't. So... I am trying not to be too ambitious!
I will definitely study though, or I will be feckedddd for my re-takes!
Reply 106
10 hours a day + an exam paper or some qs to finish it all off :smile:
Original post by Tilly87
I'm going to Cornwall on holiday from Tuesday so am hoping to do most of my revision then. There's no mobile signal down there which will probably help, as there will be fewer distractions! Will spend up til then and after (around new year) relaxing, and just before i go back doing some more work. I have a little bit of study leave so will be majorly cramming then. I have so much revision to do :O I don't know anything yet it seems!

That's... not a holiday. Lol.
Original post by im so academic
PM me for more information.

I.e. NONE because she's not doing A-levels.
Reply 109
Intense revision...I want to hit those A's! :biggrin:
I will be doing tons, seeing as I have SEVEN exams.
I need to do about 8 hrs a day. I am so sad that I may do a couple of hours on Xmas day
Anyone have a revision timetable template that they can share with me, which they think has worked well for them during exam season ?
Got 3 reatakes + another exam in january so revision 24/7 except NYE and christmas day for me
About 150 hours. I will definatly burn by the end so I need to cover everything so I only nee to do some light work in the few weeks running up to them in January.
5hrs a day! I've been doing that the past 3 weeks now but only during the w/e. So starting from tomorrow, I hope to stick to that plan. I've only got one retake (which is microeconomics) and pretty much finished making my notes so it's all about consolidating them and doing numerous past papers. I'm muslim and don't celebrate Christmas either so I shouldn't be busy then but to those who do, merry christmas :smile:

Good luck to everyone sitting retakes! Hope we all get the grades we need :wink:
Original post by Extricated
Planning 17 hours a day, 7 hours sleep, 17 hours revision.

R.I.P R.S, J.S, M.N re re re :e:e:colone::colone::colone::colone:

Are u serious?
everyone is doing soo much revision :redface:
makes me scared lol
Reply 117
Till each letter in my textbooks where off.
a lot. hopefully.

psychology is going to be a fail though.. it makes me want to cry.
Reply 119
lol im gona do 45min to 1 hour revision per subject (got 4) per day so around 4 hours a day.

Its weird for me though when i revise its like i blackout for it, time goes super fast, hard to explain.

When i revised maths gcse i got all ds and i think 1 c in my mocks and practice papers, the night before the exam i heard that if i dont get a C i couldnt do chemistry and if i didnt get an A i would be made to do additional maths help for the two years. Revised for 18 hours before the exam, 3 hours sleep + redbull and holding in ****s the entire exam resulted in me getting an A so that was awesome but im sure as hell not putting myself through that again.

Out of curiousity what is everybody else getting in the mocks i assume theyve done so far?

Quick Reply

Latest