The Student Room Group

(A LEVELS) How much are you planning to study in the Christmas holidays?

Scroll to see replies

So far I've tried to do 5/6 hour days but obviously sometimes i've only achieved 3/4. I do not want U's!
Reply 161
Original post by hohohogreengiant
Happy birthday for Friday!!

Yeah I only have one psychology module but I have a ****load of essays to write as well which is doing my head in :/
I sit revising pretty much all day but since I do it on my computer I often end up on the internet or itunes... so don't actually get as much done as I think.

Thank you! :biggrin:
Haha that sounds like me, I sit with all my work out saying 'Right, I'll revise this, this, and that today' and I end up on TSR, facebook and youtube :frown: I'm such a procrastinator haha. I really dont want bad grades, as I want to eventually go to a good university, I think I'm going to have to motivate myself a lot more
Reply 162
Oh, the joy of an exam-free January... (mocks excepted)
Reply 163
what ever floats my boat.
well the plan was to start on monday but that didnt happen so now im hoping to start all homework/coursework tonight and finish by friday...then start revision from saturday for AS Chemistry :s-smilie: ..hope it all goes to plan, its so hard to just start!
Reply 165
Original post by im so academic
From Saturday - 5 hours per day.
Then the following week - 7 hours per day.
Anything after that - 9+ hours per day.

Wow...OTT Much? What a great life you have :/
Reply 166
A lot. I am putting my social life on hold (have been doing for a coupla weeks actually) and my friends don't appreciate it. I'm taking Christmas Day off though (despite being Hindu) because everybody needs a break.
I've done a well-structured and organised revision timetable for both tests, but I'll probably end up doing what I did last year; procrastinating and doing power-revision in the week before the exams, regurgitating everything I know onto paper and then going home and falling asleep for a good 10 hours :smile:
You must all be extremely stupid, if you have to study 4-10 hours a day.
Original post by qasidb
I'm planning on doing some intensive studying from Monday onwards - including studying through Christmas day (well I'm Muslim so I don't celebrate it anyway.)
But anyways, what are you guys planning to do and how are you planning to do it? (Eg putting your social life on hold?)

(Btw, this only refers to those of you who have A level exams in January).

How's your revision getting on then? :tongue:
Reply 170
Doing a past paper each day, minus Christmas day of course. Will have done 4 of each exam I'm sitting in January by the end of the holidays.
Reply 171
I need to revise so much still. I am only making revision notes but that's not actually revising. :s-smilie:
I'm planning to do hardcore revision after tomorrow because I have a party to go to. :smile:
reading this doesn't half make me start feeling bad haha

i've done hardly anything so far! altho my excuse is that I've had teeth out so i wasn't gonna bother those days, plus i'm shattered and inerviews meant no christmas shopping until this week :Pi've done a few maths papers tho.

christmas day, boxing day and new year's eve are all like event days, so they're sorta ruled out. in jan i've got:

3 maths exams: core 3, stats 1 and 2 - they're all okay, S2 needs a bit of work

Biology - needs work

Chemistry - needs lots of work!

Critical Thinking - maybe i'll do a paper?

2 General Studies - can you even do anything for them?

so yeah, after christmas i'll be knuckling down me thinks
Reply 173
to be honest,

nothing. although I really should.
Reply 174
I only have one January exam but I haaaate Law and so am revising like mad to avoid getting a B. I also have 4 pieces of coursework to complete.. Ah the woes of being an A2 student :frown:
Original post by Wedgely
I only have one January exam but I haaaate Law and so am revising like mad to avoid getting a B. I also have 4 pieces of coursework to complete.. Ah the woes of being an A2 student :frown:

Are you doing AQA-Law-Unit Three??

The one with:
-Murder
-Manslaughter/Partial defences
-Non Fatal Offences
-Full Defences?

if so, fancy doing some revision and testing each other in a new thread?
Reply 176
Already studied for my mocks which were a few weeks ago so I won't be studying my ass off for Psychology & Biology during the holidays.

Need to study a lot for Chemistry though, didn't do very well on that - simply 'cause I didn't study and I sleep in class most of the time anyway.
And need to fix my sketchbook for Art - and prepare materials for my exam.

That's about it.
Reply 177
Original post by Lumen
I'm doing 3 exams in Jan, and will be revising for 4-5 hours a day, minus Christmas day and new year's eve. I haven't actually been learning anything at college this term and have left it all until the last minute; that's why I've got to catch up now. :frown:

good luck man. I said the same thing a week ago and am yet to revise:frown:
Probs starting to revise full on after boxing day!
Reply 179
Original post by pinda.college
Are you doing AQA-Law-Unit Three??

The one with:
-Murder
-Manslaughter/Partial defences
-Non Fatal Offences
-Full Defences?

if so, fancy doing some revision and testing each other in a new thread?

Sorry, would love to help you but i'm doing OCR special study - Contract Law :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest