The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Traum
at least i'm not alone...(should i be happy or sad that someone else is suffering as well?)

Which other Unis have you applied to? and what course?

hey I have appleid for politics , at
Bham
Nottingham
Cam
Bristol
Edinburgh
SOAS
I have only had confirmation from Bristol, i applied on the 12th/10
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 21
**noooni**
hey I have appleid for politics , at
Bham
Nottingham
Cam
Bristol
Edinburgh
SOAS
I have only had confirmation from Bristol, i applied on the 12th/10

hey we have similar choices... except that i'm applying for economics...

struggling with written work at the moment and everyone else recieving offers doesn't help. At least you sent yours off later than me... i sent it off a month ago and haven't heard anything... :frown:
where have you else have you applied?, I wouldnt worry too much ,,, i plan to start freaking out when i see people getting offers for my course at the uni's I have applied to, but so far it seems to be mostly engineering/sciency offers.
Reply 23
**noooni**
where have you else have you applied?, I wouldnt worry too much ,,, i plan to start freaking out when i see people getting offers for my course at the uni's I have applied to, but so far it seems to be mostly engineering/sciency offers.

Exactly... i applied fro Economics in Birmingham... :frown:
i didnt realise someone already had an economics offer! :biggrin:i still dont think you should worry , they are not going to give out all offers in the space of a couple of days.
Reply 25
Traum
Exactly... i applied fro Economics in Birmingham... :frown:
I'm just one person! There are hundreds of places. It's still only October, don't panic/worry about anything. I guess I'm just an anomolous case of quick reply.
Reply 26
i got a postcard last wk from bham confirming that they have received my application and a letter the next day to say they "wish to consider me for a place onto their chemical engineering course. accordingly you are invited to come for an interview day...on 16th nov..." does that mean that they're thinking about giving me an offer or they'll decide after the interview?and dus this interview sound formal or a 'group' one?
priya271
i got a postcard last wk from bham confirming that they have received my application and a letter the next day to say they "wish to consider me for a place onto their chemical engineering course. accordingly you are invited to come for an interview day...on 16th nov..." does that mean that they're thinking about giving me an offer or they'll decide after the interview?and dus this interview sound formal or a 'group' one?

engineering interview days are a cakewalk... i got a talk about the department, shown around it, a couple of other things and then had a chat with one of the tutor people. we talked about bon jovi and acoustics for some reason, i forget. it's good if you can turn up to it :smile:

i did/do mech eng btw

[edit] they will most likely give you an offer, unless you do something really bad on the day... it's possible you will get asked a couple of chemistry/engineery based questions, i had one simple maths question to do :smile:

made no difference though i dont think, i got it wrong and still got an offer... :biggrin:
Reply 28
Still nothing...

Do they tend to take longer with joined honours? Cos i applied fro Eco+german....
I recieved the "post card" this morning. So at least I know they have my application.
Reply 30
Yep... me too... and they didn't bother to put it in a envelope (not as if that would make me feel better...)
Traum
Yep... me too... and they didn't bother to put it in a envelope (not as if that would make me feel better...)

surely that is because it's a postcard? :wink:
Reply 32
I've got an offer for Biochemistry (don't know the conditions yet) :smile:
on ucas track it says i have an offer for Political sciences!!! ABB in any order!!
Reply 34
seems like brum are giving out offers really quickly for alll subs!
I want an offer! Heh, and I've only been waiting one day.. :frown:
Reply 37
Aired
I've got an offer for Biochemistry (don't know the conditions yet) :smile:

Me too! Did you get a letter saying that they had recommended that you be made an offer to the director of admissions?
Reply 38
I got an OFFER (at last lol): HISTORY, HERITAGE and EDUCATION: BBB
just got back into the uk and found a letter of an offer for economics at brum dated 26th!!!!! Offer conditions = ABB in any order

Latest

Trending

Trending