The Student Room Group

3A* and 1A for computer science but still get no offer

My daughter has got 3A* for Maths, Further Maths and Computer Science and A for Physics. She submitted on 11th Dec but still have no offer. 😭
Assuming she applied to competitive unis in line with her grades, that’s pretty normal.
Reply 2
Original post by Jasmine C
My daughter has got 3A* for Maths, Further Maths and Computer Science and A for Physics. She submitted on 11th Dec but still have no offer. 😭

what universities is she applying to? It's still early February and many of the competitive offers come out in late February until mid-March
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by BangPitung
what universities is she applying to? It's still early February and many of the competitive offers with come out in late February until mid-March

Thanks for your encouragement
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
Assuming she applied to competitive unis in line with her grades, that’s pretty normal.

So do you mean that she won't get any offer?😰

No, she’s still being considered. Many competitive courses won’t even start their review process until the equal consideration deadline has passed, (Jan 31st).

They have until May to make a decision.
Reply 6

Literally nobody said that
Reply 7
You need to be patient, its still early days. My sons latest offer last year was in mid April for Bath.

Where has she applied to?
Reply 8

OK so where has she applied? I have applied for CompSci too but I applied earlier in September (because I also applied to Cambridge).

I applied to Cambridge, Imperial, Durham, Edinburgh, Manchester and I have offers from 3 (Cambridge rejection and still waiting on Durham to get back to me).
Reply 9
Original post by rfit
You need to be patient, its still early days. My sons latest offer last year was in mid April for Bath.

Where has she applied to?

Wow! April for Bath?! They left offers really late then. My friend got his offer for 2024 entry last week.
(edited 2 months ago)

Hi there,

A lot of universities don't make decisions until they have received all the potential applicants (31st January) and then making offers can take months. Those are really impressive grades so she will very likely get lots of offers.

Amy (Lancaster Student Ambassador) 🙂
Reply 11
Original post by vnayak
OK so where has she applied? I have applied for CompSci too but I applied earlier in September (because I also applied to Cambridge).

I applied to Cambridge, Imperial, Durham, Edinburgh, Manchester and I have offers from 3 (Cambridge rejection and still waiting on Durham to get back to me).
She has applied for IC, UCL, Warwick and has just received offer from Southamptom and Birmingham. These two are her insurance choice.
Reply 12
Original post by BangPitung
Literally nobody said that
Sorry my English isn't good.
Reply 13
She has applied for IC, UCL, Warwick and has just received offer from Southamptom and Birmingham. These two are her insurance choice.
Firstly, congrats on the two offers! Now, you say that these two are her insurance choices. After you have received all of your decisions, you choose ONE firm and ONE insurance choice so you can only pick one of the two (if those are considered your insurance choices).

Warwick - I've only seen like a couple of offers here and there on TSR for CS but not many. At school, no one has received a Warwick offer yet other than the one Maths applicant but she submitted her admissions tests scores, which meant they had something to go off.

UCL - I'm genuinely not surprised that she hasn't heard back. UCL are extremely late and wait until mid-March to early April (at least that was the case at my school last year).

Imperial - She'll have done the admissions test, right? How did it go for her? How is her personal statement would you say? I got my offer from Imperial in December and I reckon I got 8/10 worst case. As for personal statement, she must have a half decent one if she got into Southampton and Birmingham,.

Don't worry about not hearing back.....I'm sure she'll hear from more in due time.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending