Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a quick question, where does the Leuchars to Edinburgh train arrive in Edinburgh? Is it Waverly station?

ReputationRep:
    The one I get on always does. Most go through haymarket and waverly if I'm remembering correctly.

ReputationRep:
    All of them go to Waverley and most go toHaymarket as well but not all.

ReputationRep:
    what is the likeliness that this train will be working on Monday? snow...so beautiful and so deadly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViewlessWings)
    what is the likeliness that this train will be working on Monday? snow...so beautiful and so deadly.
    You might be lucky, when the snow was bad before, everything northbound from Edinburger was getting cancelled, but some stuff was coming South. Really, all you can do is check on the day(but if it stays as is, I wouldn't be terribly confident).

ReputationRep:
    The Edinburgh to Aberdeen line is usually reliable and goes even when the buses aren't running. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    It's supposed to be foggy/misty on Monday in EDI but St Andrew's shows sun every now and then. I just need to get into Edinburgh (by train) to hopefully catch a departing flight on Tuesday. this SUCKS.

ReputationRep:
    It's supposed to be foggy/misty on Monday in EDI but St Andrew's shows sun every now and then. I just need to get into Edinburgh (by train) to hopefully catch a departing flight on Tuesday. this SUCKS.
    The flights may be more of a problem than the trains. Going from Edinburgh directly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    The flights may be more of a problem than the trains. Going from Edinburgh directly?
    yeah :\

well so far it seems that flights to that destination are okay but still, i am so anxious. it would suck. i was hoping to get out for xmas!

ReputationRep:
    yeah :\

well so far it seems that flights to that destination are okay but still, i am so anxious. it would suck. i was hoping to get out for xmas!
    That's probably lucky, I think all the major London ones are(or have been) shut, but Edinburgh appears to still be operational(at the moment).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    That's probably lucky, I think all the major London ones are(or have been) shut, but Edinburgh appears to still be operational(at the moment).

yeah it is but they did close it for a few hours today :\

i reeeeaaaallllyyyy hope this changes by tuesday morn (my flight is really early).

ReputationRep:
    yeah it is but they did close it for a few hours today :\

i reeeeaaaallllyyyy hope this changes by tuesday morn (my flight is really early).
    Well, best of luck with it!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me why nobody just gets the bus straight to Edinburgh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magma828)
    Can someone explain to me why nobody just gets the bus straight to Edinburgh?
    I don't because the roads make me feel travel sick and the train doesn't. And the train is more comfortable (provided you don't get on one of the massively busy ones!) And I get a connecting train from Haymarket so it's easier to just have to change platforms rather than find out where the bus dumps you and walk from there.

It is, however, more expensive than the bus, and it can be awkward getting to Leuchars. I think most people's reasoning will be the one about connecting trains though.

ReputationRep:
    well, from what i was told, if the weather is that bad, the buses would go before the trains and to prevent and issues, i rather just get on the train.

ReputationRep:
    To the OP, there are at least flights into Edinburgh as I spotted one going past over the Forth about 25 minutes ago. Presumably you are going home for Christmas, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    well, from what i was told, if the weather is that bad, the buses would go before the trains and to prevent and issues, i rather just get on the train.
    Not true, the Edinburgh and Glasgow buses were terminating at Dunfermline 2 weeks ago during the cold snap whilst scotrail trains were sitll operating to Edinburgh and beyond

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimsmit)
    Not true, the Edinburgh and Glasgow buses were terminating at Dunfermline 2 weeks ago during the cold snap whilst scotrail trains were sitll operating to Edinburgh and beyond
    No, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what ViewlessWings meant, that the buses would stop operating before the trains would stop.

ReputationRep:
    I was on the Leuchars -> Edinburgh train last week and it usually calls at a few towns in Fife (Burntisland, Cupar, Queensferry) before it crosses the Firth, and calls both at Haymarket and Waverley (usually Platform 16).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LGF92)
    I was on the Leuchars -> Edinburgh train last week and it usually calls at a few towns in Fife (Burntisland, Cupar, Queensferry) before it crosses the Firth, and calls both at Haymarket and Waverley (usually Platform 16).
    There's the slow train, which takes you on a scenic route through loads of nice Fife towns and then there's the fast one, which probably stops in just one or two places before getting to Haymarket.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.