The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scott129
Hines Ward is a steal! I'm sure he's ranked like 140th. Did you pick him in our draft cos someone stole him from me on like the pick before mine? If you did, I hate you :colonhash:

I think so. I know he is older but I think he is a great later pick so I always try and grab him :smile:

The autopick never grabs him either because he isn't rated well on there.
The projections have changed quite a lot. Vick Knocking on the door of 340, Roethlisburger a good chunk more than Brady. Etc.

Made some of my choices look a lot worse, lol.

I know they don't mean much but still.
I had my fantasy draft for my football team the other day, ended up with this team:

QB Mike Vick
RB DeAngelo Williams
RB Matt Forte
WR Marques Colston
WR Chad Ochocinco
WR Julio Jones
TE Jermichael Finley
W/R BenJarvus Green-Ellis
DST New York Giants
K Robbie Gould

BN Eli Manning
BN Marion Barber
BN Danny Woodhead
BN Hines Ward
BN Zach Miller
BN Detroit Lions

i don think i've ever had such good depth on a fantasy football team!
Original post by georgegabriel
I had my fantasy draft for my football team the other day, ended up with this team:

QB Mike Vick
RB DeAngelo Williams
RB Matt Forte
WR Marques Colston
WR Chad Ochocinco
WR Julio Jones
TE Jermichael Finley
W/R BenJarvus Green-Ellis
DST New York Giants
K Robbie Gould

BN Eli Manning
BN Marion Barber
BN Danny Woodhead
BN Hines Ward
BN Zach Miller
BN Detroit Lions

i don think i've ever had such good depth on a fantasy football team!

Going to be brutal with you. Don't think your team is that strong. I wuld start Detroit's D over New York's...
Reply 2504
WHO DAT?

saints gonna run things this year
Original post by PotPon
WHO DAT?

saints gonna run things this year

No they won't. Got my Packers to play first = Saints 0-1
Original post by The Patriot
Going to be brutal with you. Don't think your team is that strong. I wuld start Detroit's D over New York's...

i drafted detroit's D first actually, based on their mean defensive line. it'll depend on the matchups each week though. and i dunno, i'm happy with my team. my weakest area is WR but it's not always a point-hauling position anyway. i have two very good tight ends, backs that are going to get a lot of carries, and a freak of nature at QB with a decent backup to replace him. i'm confident in my guys that they'll bring my my fourth championship in 5 years :biggrin: plus, i don't have a bunch of no-namers for backups!
Original post by georgegabriel
i drafted detroit's D first actually, based on their mean defensive line. it'll depend on the matchups each week though. and i dunno, i'm happy with my team. my weakest area is WR but it's not always a point-hauling position anyway. i have two very good tight ends, backs that are going to get a lot of carries, and a freak of nature at QB with a decent backup to replace him. i'm confident in my guys that they'll bring my my fourth championship in 5 years :biggrin: plus, i don't have a bunch of no-namers for backups!

Well, best of luck :smile:
Reply 2508
I'm not sure why, but over the last couple of days I've started ruling out GB as NFC title contenders and am starting to think that it's a two horse race between Atlanta and New Orleans. Philly have too many new faces and too many holes to compete, and I've just got a hunch about GB.
Reply 2509
Original post by The Egg Militia
I love how division rivalry has taken over this thread ='D

Why did everyone pick the teams they root for?

Even before I followed NFL properly, I decided the Miami Dolphins would be my team. I think I was about 7, I had a really early Madden game on the Megadrive. I liked Florida, and would do anything to go there. Plus people like The Rock (when I used to watch that crap) was from Miami. It was my dream to live there. Also, I've always liked Dolphins :P. I started following the sport in 2003 when I took a day off school. Laying ill on the sofa, I was looking for something to watch. I came across NFL and decided to give it a go as a school friend was always raving on about it (he's a Rams fan). It was the Dolphins Vs Cowboys and we destroyed them >=] (Replay of the thanksgiving game that year). I was hooked from there. Now I pretty much bleed aqua and orange. My room is full or Dolphins plaques, posters, pictures, clocks, tickets, pennants and my wardrobe is full of jerseys. Even my walls have been painted aqua.

When the Dolphins lose, I'm in a bad mood all week. When we win, I'm the happiest guy in the world.

Cool story bro.

I got a page up with all the teams logo's. Closed my eye and wiggled my cursor around a bit, and landed on the Ravens.
It sounds a stupid way to do it, but it works, as I now bleed black and purple! :biggrin:
Wish I lived in London :frown: I'm trying to find an american sports bar in the midlands to watch Packers/Saints but all of them are in f**king London. I'd love to go in, preferably on my own, and have a pint whilst watching the game with like-minded individuals.
Time for me to drop Garrard? Lol

I'm wishing I hadn't drafted Knox so frequently as well.

May have to go through my teams and make changes.
(edited 12 years ago)
Arrrgh! New Madden is taking up my life. Still huge issues with it (esp. the fact you don't see even vague estimates in franchise scouting, crap menus, shocking commentry, a lack of balance in the run game (if you run big once you run big all day) and so forth but still an improvement.
Reply 2513
Original post by paddy__power
Time for me to drop Garrard? Lol

I'm wishing I hadn't drafted Knox so frequently as well.

May have to go through my teams and make changes.

Knox will be alright I think, assuming you didnt overdraft him he wont kill your teams or anything
Original post by alexsong
Knox will be alright I think, assuming you didnt overdraft him he wont kill your teams or anything

I expected him to be a starter and to be decent value as a mid-late pick but maybe not. I feel more confident putting Ward in instead.

At least Foster is hopefully going to start.

Lord only knows who I'm going to pick up instead of Garrard in my leagues.

Excited though. Expecting good value from Big Ben.

I should probably drop one of my kickers for a TE but there is nobody worth grabbing in our league.
Reply 2515
Well I think Bears will pass a lot and Knox's talent will see him through ahead of Hester so it will be him opposite Williams and Bennett in the slot, he wont be amazing or anything but should be solid enough after a few weeks when it all settles, either that or Hester is gonna have a monster year which i just dont see happening

I just had to get a kicker because Reed got cut and didnt have a clue who to pick, hopefully the bloke I did is a starter at least.
Reply 2516
So I'm in a rut with both my leagues and was wondering who you would start in these situations:

First league (Need to fill the other RB slot, other is filled with Mendenhall):

Ryan Grant - playing against the Saints (is their D line good?) and the Packers already chose a 50/50 split carry between him and Starks
Brandon Jacobs - Second RB / goal line carrier, but playing against the Redskins who are garbage and last year Jacobs racked in double-digit points
Mark Ingram - Probably a no-go right? facing the packers D line...

Other League (both RB slots - right now I chose Ryan Mathews and Brandon Jacobs):

Ryan Mathews vs Min - starting back for the Chargers, but may not get the goal line balls
Brandon Jacobs - look above
Mike Tolbert vs Min - handcuff to Mathews, but does get the goal line balls
Willis McGahee vs Oak - will get all goal line carries and then some, but Moreno is the starting RB.

Let me know who you would start
Original post by WharfedaleTiger
Arrrgh! New Madden is taking up my life. Still huge issues with it (esp. the fact you don't see even vague estimates in franchise scouting, crap menus, shocking commentry, a lack of balance in the run game (if you run big once you run big all day) and so forth but still an improvement.

I think the menus are pretty good. Yeah, the commentary is awful, apprarently Flacco just brought in his 30th catch of the season for me and Boldin is a good QB. And the New York Titans, really? I wish NCAA was released over here. PS3 games are region free so it's the only way of getting it but my PS3 is currently collecting dust. :s-smilie:
Original post by B-More52
I think the menus are pretty good. Yeah, the commentary is awful, apprarently Flacco just brought in his 30th catch of the season for me and Boldin is a good QB. And the New York Titans, really? I wish NCAA was released over here. PS3 games are region free so it's the only way of getting it but my PS3 is currently collecting dust. :s-smilie:

I'm not a fan of having to go through so many stages to get at stats or to access the menus-hitting Y every time is really annoying...
Reply 2519
Original post by David22
So I'm in a rut with both my leagues and was wondering who you would start in these situations:

First league (Need to fill the other RB slot, other is filled with Mendenhall):

Ryan Grant - playing against the Saints (is their D line good?) and the Packers already chose a 50/50 split carry between him and Starks
Brandon Jacobs - Second RB / goal line carrier, but playing against the Redskins who are garbage and last year Jacobs racked in double-digit points
Mark Ingram - Probably a no-go right? facing the packers D line...

Other League (both RB slots - right now I chose Ryan Mathews and Brandon Jacobs):

Ryan Mathews vs Min - starting back for the Chargers, but may not get the goal line balls
Brandon Jacobs - look above
Mike Tolbert vs Min - handcuff to Mathews, but does get the goal line balls
Willis McGahee vs Oak - will get all goal line carries and then some, but Moreno is the starting RB.

Let me know who you would start

Saints D is good yes. Grant I would say because with the other 2 you are looking at TD or bust I reckon ? Could be wrong though - I hate giving advice about this sort of thing and gambling! I would go Grant and Tolbert personally

Latest