The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4980
You know what, Baltimore played absolutely class. Annoyed about my £6 but that game was special.
YES! Clutch kick!
Reply 4982
Never seen Kaepernick before, he's so good to watch! Great game so far, Kaepernick is going for 150 yards rushing by the end of this!

Just checked and Vick has the QB rushing record at 178. I hope that tumbles because I can't stand Michael Vick!
(edited 11 years ago)
Frank Gore tearring it up for the 49ers.

On the other hand, looks like my 2 predictions have both gone the other way...
so true...

582347_409350059139958_1903437157_n.jpg

217986_409354049139559_387480684_n.jpg
Its funny how all these memes have come up about Denver regretting letting Tebow go. All last year we had everybody telling us Tebow was overhyped and Denver would never win anything without a passing game. The ones that should be regretful are the Jets as they hardly made use of him!

I'm happy with Manning. Playoff games sometimes get won and lost on a couple of plays and that happened last night, bad secondary defence and one pick from Manning. But still Peyton has done good for the Broncos this year.

Reminds me of the Jacksonville loss in 1996 when Denver were highly fancied and bombed in the Divisional Playoffs (Elway said that was his lowest moment in football), Denver went on to win the next two Superbowls.
Reply 4986
As a side note. Trindon Holliday, what a game changer this dude will be in the coming seasons.
Reply 4987
Sherman is madddddddddd.
seattle right now...
Reply 4989
Big turnaround from Seattle, hope they can get this TD and at least get it to overtime. Come on Seahawks!
Reply 4990
Original post by munn
As a Seahawks fan it's actually the defense that worries me the most in this (and all other road games), as they've let us down several times this season - fortunately on Sunday it was in the first quarter that they collapsed and not the 4th - if you look back at our games we lost in the second half of the season (Miami and Detroit), Wilson absolutely cannot be held at fault for those losses:

As the 4th quarter starts, Detroit have the ball on the Seattle 17, with Seattle leading 17-14. They complete the drive for the TD and give Wilson the ball back with 11 minutes 30 seconds left, Wilson then drives 87 yards for a TD in 6 minutes to put the score back at 24-21. Detroit get the ball back and in the remaining 5 minutes 30 second drive 80 yards for a TD and the lead, giving Wilson 15 seconds to get the TD - simply not possible (managed to run 2 plays in that time, with the game eventually ending with Tate fumbling the ball away with a poor lateral pass).

Similar story in Miami, though Wilson didn't do as much - Seahawks drive stalls in the 4th quarter and Miami get the ball with 12 minutes left, Seattle with a 14-7 lead. Tannehill drives 82 yards in 4 minutes for a TD. Hey it's not too bad, Leon Washington takes the kickoff to the house, 21-14.
That's ok, defense should hold the Dolphins now, after all they only gave up 7 points in 3 quarters. 3 minutes later it's 21-21.
****. Well, Wilson can chew up some of the remaining clock, even if they don't score at least it'll go to overtime. Miami gets the ball on their own 10 yard line with 90 seconds left. Defense allows Tannehill to drive 65 yards to the Seattle 25 and kick the winning field goal.
17 points given up in the 4th quarter.

Even the Bears game, which we all know now as Wilson driving down the field to take the game to overtime then driving all the way to win the game isn't quite how it went. Wilson drove down the field with a little under 4 minutes to go and scored the TD to take the lead 17-14. Bears start on their own 10 with 24 seconds to go, defense just needs to hold for 2-3 plays. First play, 56 yard pass to Marshall putting Chicago in FG range for the tie :facepalm:

Needless to say, it's not Wilson I'm worried about, his best games have been against San Francisco, New England and Chicago, so the pressure of playing a good team shouldn't get to him. I just worry about the supposed strength of our team - this defense.

this is exactly what I was talking about
Original post by munn
this is exactly what I was talking about

Good call tbh. I was rooting for the 'hawks but they just couldn't do it.

We've had great games so far, love the playoffs.
As a Falcons fan I gotta give immense credit to the Seahawks. Great turnaround win last week, and so close this week. They did great to get into that winning position.

It seemed like there were so many chances for them to get the win if there was just a tiny bit more luck. The clock running out at the end of the first half in the red zone, the try for a TD in the first half on fourth down - had they gone for a field goal, they may have ended up winning. Props to both teams in a great display of a sport I love.
Original post by dgeorge
Not a hater. Just don't think that the Seahawks necessarily have the pieces to get any deeper into the playoffs. RG3 may have been injured in the first, but it only really showed after they were already two scores up.
Even though Russell Wilson is a great rookie QB, I just don't think he has the skill to cope with tougher play the deeper into the playoffs. Marshawn Lynch is rightly the biggest threat in the team, but I have a funny feeling that he will be shut down this game, or at least won't be as productive as usual.

Of course, there is all likelihood that the game may go entirely the other way, but thats just my feeling

You were right about the Falcons scoring 30. I take my hat off to you aha. Was a great game and still proud to support the Seahawks.
Original post by YThursday
As a Falcons fan I gotta give immense credit to the Seahawks. Great turnaround win last week, and so close this week. They did great to get into that winning position.

It seemed like there were so many chances for them to get the win if there was just a tiny bit more luck. The clock running out at the end of the first half in the red zone, the try for a TD in the first half on fourth down - had they gone for a field goal, they may have ended up winning. Props to both teams in a great display of a sport I love.

Falcons fan too. Couldn't agree more, the Seahawks really turned in around for themselves. I was almost worried :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4995
Rooting for a Patriots win here. I want revenge this time around!
Original post by nevergohalfpace
You were right about the Falcons scoring 30. I take my hat off to you aha. Was a great game and still proud to support the Seahawks.

Thanks

Although I blew the 49er's/Packers game.

AND the Broncos/Ravens, but NOBODY saw that coming. WE were due an upset anyway i suppose, but that was a biggie

Lets see how the Patriots/Texans game pans out
I know its early to start planning, but is anywhere open for a superbowl party/drink fest?
**** the Niners.

**** our D coordinator even more.
Reply 4999
Original post by dgeorge
Thanks

Although I blew the 49er's/Packers game.

AND the Broncos/Ravens, but NOBODY saw that coming. WE were due an upset anyway i suppose, but that was a biggie

Lets see how the Patriots/Texans game pans out

I'm not usually overly biased with my picks, but being a Ravens fan, I managed to call this one.
I said Ravens 31-27 Broncos, not spot on, but close enough! :biggrin:

Latest