The Student Room Group

This should be fun - WW3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
As long as they have good tv coverage of the war, i'm good. :wink:

No but I hope it just remains a Korean war resulting in Korea being united, because there is no way the North will accept that without war. However if China get involved. we. are. screwed. Lets hope we don't tag along with the US if they do decalre war on each other.
Reply 41
Repent your sins, the end of the world is nigh.

Seriously, I don't think it will go to war. And if it does, we'll all be nuked before anyone has the chance to point out how wrong I was.
Reply 42
Original post by wangelo
It's okay if you cant make it, just stay behind me and we will get through this. Let those with experience handle this kind of stuff.

lmao,

I doubt that you've ever held a realm fire arm let alone shot one. the only experience you have is the gaming you percieve it would be like. hell i bet you think the COD series a documentry based game of exactly how things where in WW2 and in Afghan/ Iraq... I'd lay money on any veteran you asked would laugh at you and then hit you for being such a tit.

but id be happy to stay behind you. human sheilds work the best!
Nothing will happen. North Korea threatens nuclear retaliation when South Korea plays music too loud; they are absolutely absurd and have no credibility after all their empty threats.
Reply 44
Original post by The Cornerstone
You sir, have been watching too much films. I can assure you that it wont end up like Resident Evil or by you saving some hot girl like it probably sounds like in your fantasies you made up after staying in front of the computer for god knows how long.

Not get back to earth, go outside and breathe some fresh air.

Original post by DH-Biker
Yes, because Fallout, Metro and S.T.A.L.K.E.R are all very, very likely to happen. :rolleyes:

Genetic mutations on the scale such games portray are a myth. The worst mutation would be nothing more then a stump of a third arm. Entirely true due to pictures taken of victims at the Chernobyl Incident.
Billions dead, the surface could no longer support life and people would starve. You wouldn't get to experience your cushy-cushy world.
Such films and games about the aftermath of a Nuclear War being all lovely, clear and full of mutated animals are nothing more then fiction.

Original post by Alvrae
I don't think they found many "mutant zombies" in japan...

your knowledge and experiences from the XBOX and other consoles seemed to have removed a scence of what war would be like on this scale. the chances of you surviving to even see your dream of a "mutant zombie" world are un-realistic.

in GAMES yes i agree its a good aspect, but you are obveusly oblivious to facts of life. you don't understand what war is really like. you assume you would survive such a horrific war.

Hey guys when the sh*t hits the fan and the zombies invade do not think there will be any room in my armour plated, fortified, mutant destroying castle (where of course I will be staying riding out the apocalyse).

I may spare some minigun ammo out of pity but don't count on it. It's always the ignorant ones that mutate first........
Reply 45
Original post by Alvrae
lmao,

I doubt that you've ever held a realm fire arm let alone shot one. the only experience you have is the gaming you percieve it would be like. hell i bet you think the COD series a documentry based game of exactly how things where in WW2 and in Afghan/ Iraq... I'd lay money on any veteran you asked would laugh at you and then hit you for being such a tit.

Damn you're taking this thread and some comments far too serious, for that reason im out.

PS. Dont play COD, More of CS guy.
Reply 46
Original post by wangelo
Damn you're taking this thread and some comments far too serious, for that reason im out.

PS. Dont play COD, More of CS guy.

nah im just bord as there is sweet FA to do at work, im litterally clawing my hair out... zombies would be good right now.
Reply 47
It'll likely come to nothing, but if it does, it's because the North are getting desperate and know they can't win. This is why they're sabre rattling with nukes - their conventional military is a joke and superior only in numbers. A lot of the army are rumoured to be under-fed (despite most of the country's food stocks being diverted to military uses) and poorly equipped and trained.

The South Korean military, however, uses the latest and greatest US built kit as well as designing and manufacturing some of their own weapons.

The North won't win, but any outcome will likely be disastrous for the region in terms of casualties and environmental damage.
Reply 48
North Korea are probably just trolling as usual :troll:
Reply 49
All of you should bear in mind that recently N.Korea vowed a military response to planned live fire drills by the South.

The drills took place. What did N.Korea do? Nothing.
They are pathetic. Kim Jong is a stupid little midget.
Original post by Alvrae
are you psychotic??

if we entered an all out nuclear war, what little of the planet that wasn't nuked to begin with would have radioactive fallout on it... how could you be excited at the prospect of entire countries being wiped out?

a nuclear war would be severly worse than previous world wars. simply because there would be very little left of what was hit. look what happened in hiroshima and nagasarky when the atom bomb went off! these nuclear warheads are several times more powerful!

i highly doubt the north koreans would want every world power with the means to do so, bomb it flat with as much TNT as the can get there hands on... besides if there scrapping nuclear treaties what makes you think NBC (nuclear, biological and chemical) weapons wont be used all together?

if i could neg rep you i would...

yeah but i look forward to living in the vault before going hunting with Dogmeat every weekend to blast some of those goddamn raiders to the republic of dave. Nothing sorts out a problem like a nuka grenade! amirite?
Reply 51
Original post by PerigeeApogee
Not to mention the question of loyalty. Not much point having double the troops if half of them don't really want to fight for a country in which they are kept poor, stupid, oppressed and hungry.

They are brainwashed... propaganda abound. They, if anything, have more will to fight than the South Koreans.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 52
I'll be surprised if North Korea do nuke South Korea to be honest.
They've been threatening to but never have for ages. :troll:

The US is more then likely going to act spontaneous and nuke Pyongyang, or something to make more people angry at them.
Especially if Sarah Palin is going to be in charge. :fuhrer:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by lonelykatana
You know, Im glad someone else knows what their on about...
Im sick of people, with the deluded idea that the american army is the best by miles..

Have any of you guys seen their marines training? its a joke...

Its a well-rounded army, sure. The Army has the superior backing of their top-in-the-world Air-Force, and with a Navy that can get them all around the world within days, provide off-shore missile and aircraft strikes and has the radar to spot a remote-control-car from 800 miles away. However, that said, its by no means the best. Well-rounded, of course... The best? Not really.
China has over 650 million people trained, at least, to operate a weapon. Many can operate them to a fairly-high level of standard and again, many are prominent are with them.
Seen as the standard issue rifle would be the AK-47, (frankly the world's best firearm ever created), so they'd have little to fear going up against the appallingly bad American Standard Issue Rifles. (Frankly, some of the worst, if we're going by jamming, and the level of wear-and-tear they can take). Tests show the AK-47, whilst less accurate then American counterparts, is still the most reliable.
In such conditions they'd face in China, (rain, mud, rivers etc) the weapon would be in a perfectly working condition when the fight started.
American vehicles break down often, the Humvee is a prime example. Not to mention needing a refuel every 50 miles... The M1 Abrhams just dies as soon as dust is around. The filter systems on them are so awful in Iraq and Afghanistan they are constantly having to be replaced. Like, every other week? In such fighting conditions, its hardly beneficial for your tank to just cough and die.

The American Armed Forces are good... But they are let down on SO many levels. The training for the Marines in some instances is hard, but many just slack on the discipline. That's why the British Army is so well trained. (Plus we're smaller). The same level of training is pristine across the UK. Going down to the SAS training area in the Brecon Beacons down in Wales you can see the level of discipline they are at...
The Chinese training facilities, too... For the actual soldiers, its impeccable. Let alone the fact many people can operate a weapon, and the fact their lifestyle requires actual physical labour, they are in healthy order...

Then there's conscription...
Actually, if there were a war, I'd put my money solely on the CPA.
Reply 54
Original post by Alvrae
lmao,

And you have?

Ok, sir, your history with firearms is what, exactly? Down to the location, weapon and what age were you when you operated said weaponry?

Also, what was the MLI they measured across your arms and legs?
Reply 55
Original post by MAchInE_hEAd
Hey guys when the sh*t hits the fan and the zombies invade do not think there will be any room in my armour plated, fortified, mutant destroying castle (where of course I will be staying riding out the apocalyse).

I may spare some minigun ammo out of pity but don't count on it. It's always the ignorant ones that mutate first........

You're either a bigger fool then I thought, or you're being very, very sarcastic. One of the two...
Original post by chaz1992
Imo, North Korea have short man syndrome because their country isn't that big compared to China.?

Nah, THIS is why North Korea have short man syndrome:

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 57
South Korea are just acting like idiots here, trying to bait North Korea into a war because they have American support. Reminds me of Georgia when they started to taunt Russia and how Russia ripped them to shreds.
Reply 58
Original post by ish90an
South Korea are just acting like idiots here, trying to bait North Korea into a war because they have American support. Reminds me of Georgia when they started to taunt Russia and how Russia ripped them to shreds.

Russia didn't have a leader with a screw loose at the time though.
The yanks should piss off! It's none of their bloody business those meddlesome chavs!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending