The Student Room Group

Biology A-Level

I’m in year 11 and im still stuck on a level choices; I’ve got an offer to do biology, psychology and history. Should I take biology even if I don’t want to do it at uni? I know I want to do history - but I love biology too and im predicted all 9s in science but everyone is telling me not to unless I know I want a career to do with it. Any advice?
Original post by LiliaCasburn
I’m in year 11 and im still stuck on a level choices; I’ve got an offer to do biology, psychology and history. Should I take biology even if I don’t want to do it at uni? I know I want to do history - but I love biology too and im predicted all 9s in science but everyone is telling me not to unless I know I want a career to do with it. Any advice?

if you enjoy biology so much then there should be nothing to stop you even though you don't want to do it at uni for example i took german a level but i study dentistry. I really enjoyed german so thats why I took it up but it had nothing to do with what i wanted to do at uni
Reply 2

Heya!
What are you thinking of doing in the future and what are the entry requirements? If you enjoy biology and are ok with entry requirements + you do well at it then why not :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study mind

If you like Bio and Chemistry right now, Biology A level might be fun for you, as it is for me! Definitely very content heavy (and contains more chemistry than you'd expect) and the mark scheme is a PAIN but overall it's super interesting in my opinion. However, as you don't want to do anything science related at uni, I'd perhaps consider picking something easier; I know my friends who picked bio for 'fun' as a fourth didn't have a great time and dropped it pretty rapidly. But with 3 A levels, I think doing bio as a 'fun' option is a good choice if you love it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest