The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Transferring from Oxford to RHUL Psychology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kat2pult
Getting 2:1s and 2:2s in your first year are piss easy. I didn't go to any of my lectures or seminars (OK, maybe 1 in every 6 I went to, if I could be bothered...), and spent about 2 hours on my essay, including 'research' and still got 2:1s and 2:2s. It'd hardly an achievement.

Thank you for proving my point that you dont have to spent a lot of time at least for now and that its quite easy. Exactly what I was saying too.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by TempleGuard
Thank you for proving my point that you dont have to spent a lot of time at least for now and that its quite easy. Exactly what I was saying too.

I agree that it is possible to do reasonably well in the essays without too much effort. My concerns with your method, as I pointed out earlier, is that come the summer you'll be unprepared. The twenty hours a week I mentioned earlier is not really to do with the essays but more to do with knowing all of the stuff we need to know for the exams- and as someone who has been doing all of the required reading, it's a lot of stuff!

But anyway, different people study in different ways, and I've always been someone who prepares earlier so that I don't have to worry so much when it comes to exam season. For me, I like it to be a steady pace of quite a lot of learning right through the year, rather than it being very light now but very heavy in April as I don't think I could deal with the stress of learning everything at once, but some people thrive under that sort of pressure.
in hk if u go oxford to other uni parent no speak to u long!! parent say u die!! oxford league table 1!! royal hollway 13!! psychology no good for job at both!! u need good league table to chance on job!! what problem?? u work harder!!
Original post by liang.zhuzhu92
in hk if u go oxford to other uni parent no speak to u long!! parent say u die!! oxford league table 1!! royal hollway 13!! psychology no good for job at both!! u need good league table to chance on job!! what problem?? u work harder!!

Nobody cares.
Original post by Retrodiction
Nobody cares.

quiet!!

Can I have a number 13 with egg fried rice, please?
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Can I have a number 13 with egg fried rice, please?

u also psychology~ you more chance work chinese restront!! i work bank!!
Reply 27
u also psychology~ you more chance work chinese restront!! i work bank!!

Hi

I think you're a very arrogant person. Who are you to say Psychology students will not get you a job? Ok so suppose, it DOESN'T get you a job then why boast about you working in a bank over here? and why insult psychology students?
Is it because you're so miserable in your own job that you cannot handle the future of other's being better?

As for the league table thing, YES, Oxford IS number one- but remember...the tables arent always what they seem....
Oxford students in general have a HIGHER drive to do well and if you score poorly in exams they ask you to leave so there's a high proportion of 1st and 2:1 graduates. Also, I don't want to end up as a depressed academic. ALSO, employers WILL be impressed by Oxford on a resume/CV but they look at the person TOO. What's better- an Oxford student with no motivation or a Holloway student with motivation and creative vision who gets along with the interviewer? If you base the success of your future on the prestige of a Uni, it shows that you're rather insecure in your own abilities as a person.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the whole mad Oxford obsession?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by texastornado
Hi

I think you're a very arrogant person. Who are you to say Psychology students will not get you a job? Ok so suppose, it DOESN'T get you a job then why boast about you working in a bank over here? and why insult psychology students?
Is it because you're so miserable in your own job that you cannot handle the future of other's being better?

As for the league table thing, YES, Oxford IS number one- but remember...the tables arent always what they seem....
Oxford students in general have a HIGHER drive to do well and if you score poorly in exams they ask you to leave so there's a high proportion of 1st and 2:1 graduates. Also, I don't want to end up as a depressed academic. ALSO, employers WILL be impressed by Oxford on a resume/CV but they look at the person TOO. What's better- an Oxford student with no motivation or a Holloway student with motivation and creative vision who gets along with the interviewer? If you base the success of your future on the prestige of a Uni, it shows that you're rather insecure in your own abilities as a person.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the whole mad Oxford obsession?

It's a troll account. It's not real.
Reply 29
This thread was mentioned by our lecturer in our social psychology lecture on Computer Mediated Communication today. You're being watched!
Original post by goodknight
This thread was mentioned by our lecturer in our social psychology lecture on Computer Mediated Communication today. You're being watched!

lol, which lecturer was that? Marco?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 31

Yeah, it was Marco lol
Reply 32

He mentioned the posts about 'male appendage' :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by goodknight

Oh wow! haha, what was said? :tongue:
Reply 34
I just want to say a huge thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread, thanks for telling me so much about RH psychology. The topics in year 3 and even the subtopics in year 1 and 2 are much more to my liking than my current ones, also I like the coursework and exam balance, also loved the atmosphere there and its well known rep for psychology and student satisfaction!
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending