The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi , if anyone could reply with any advice i would really appreciate it. I’m in my first year of law with french llb and just got married so i don’t want to leave my husband to go on the 3rd year abroad and considering dropping french or any other option i’m open to. I am fluent in french as it’s my mother tongue but was raised in england so i’m also fluent in english and have a dual nationality etc.. does anyone know if the uni will let me skip the year abroad and do the studies in england or do less time abroad if i finish the studies on time etc.. ?? (uni of sheffield)
any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by zzeroug
Hi , if anyone could reply with any advice i would really appreciate it. I’m in my first year of law with french llb and just got married so i don’t want to leave my husband to go on the 3rd year abroad and considering dropping french or any other option i’m open to. I am fluent in french as it’s my mother tongue but was raised in england so i’m also fluent in english and have a dual nationality etc.. does anyone know if the uni will let me skip the year abroad and do the studies in england or do less time abroad if i finish the studies on time etc.. ?? (uni of sheffield)
any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Nobody here say say for sure, you have to ask the uni. If I were you I would tell them you can't afford it, it's hard to argue with financial reasons.
Reply 22
Original post by Snufkin
Nobody here say say for sure, you have to ask the uni. If I were you I would tell them you can't afford it, it's hard to argue with financial reasons.

Thankyou for your advice! I will ask my uni just been putting it off i guess
As of 2022 the University of Nottingham offers a 3 year Degree in Modern Languages (without a year abroad) and you can still graduate with honours and study 2 languages. The modules are the same as the 4 year degree. See if you can join your final year and skip the year abroad, you may need to change the title of your degree I.E. Joint honours (English and French) would be single honours BA English with FrenchAlternatively, if your university says your year abroad is mandatory and you have already completed the first 2 years and they wont let you transfer straight into 3rd year - look at Open University, you can transfer your modules/credits from year 1 and 2 and join straight into 3rd year.

Latest

Trending

Trending