The Student Room Group

question about studying abroad

hii so i want to do a year abroad in germany.. do i have to take he german language course as a degree to study abroad?
Reply 1
No, many different degrees across different unis offer study abroad -- what I will say is see if you can find the list of partner universities for the university you're looking at going to and also especially for your course if you're able to, as the destinations won't be the same for every course - my options as a Biomed Science student are different from those for Law, for example. But generally taking a language course isn't required

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
hii so i want to do a year abroad in germany.. do i have to take he german language course as a degree to study abroad?

Good Evening!

It is great to hear that you want to broaden your horizons by wanting to study a year abroad. They are super valuable opportunities to broaden your cultural experiences, as well as learning what it is like to live in a new place. To my knowledge, you don't need to take a German Language course as a degree to study abroad. Lots of courses at Swansea have many studying abroad opportunities within them.

At Swansea University, we have a scheme called 'Go Global,' which allows students to work, study and spend their summers abroad. The hyperlinked website contains all the information that you need to know about years/semesters abroad, funding, Swansea's partner universities, international travel approval, and so much more! I might be biased, but the best section is definitely the student experiences section, allowing you to hear from students who have done years abroad themselves and learn about their experiences!

If you have any questions, just let us know!

Hope Henry - Swansea Student Ambassador - Second Year Graduate Entry Medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending