The Student Room Group

University

I’m a British student studying Spanish and wish to do a Spanish degree, in order for that to happen I would like to move to Spain and study there. My parents disagree with me and say there’s plenty of unis here to study Spanish. I would prefer to go abroad because apparently you can pick the language up easier there, it would also move me forwards. Any advice?
Reply 1
a lot of languages degrees have a year abroad as part of their course/an option because yes it is easier to become fluent in the country of the language you're learning, maybe look into that if your parents won't be convinced by a full Spanish uni?
I cant speak from my own experience but my dad did a modern languages degree at Bristol doing French and German and he got to spend 6 months working in both countries and he left uni being fluent in both so the teaching with a year abroad in the UK is a good enough standard to get a very good grasp of the language
Original post by Anonymous
I’m a British student studying Spanish and wish to do a Spanish degree, in order for that to happen I would like to move to Spain and study there. My parents disagree with me and say there’s plenty of unis here to study Spanish. I would prefer to go abroad because apparently you can pick the language up easier there, it would also move me forwards. Any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending