The Student Room Group

Sun, sex and suspicious parents - BBC Three

Scroll to see replies

Original post by box-plot
Why do they act surprised when the parents make an appearance towards the end of the holiday? What do the teens think the TV crew are following them around for? I watched this once whilst at work and did wonder this.

I asked the exact same question and got negged for it.
Even if they don't expect to see their parents at the end.. don't they assume that all the filming thats being done will eventually be aired on tv when their parents will THEN end up watching.
Reply 681
Original post by youjustburnkid
I love the programme but is it meant to discourage kids from going on holiday? Might sound bad, but for me and most people I speak to, it just makes us want to go on holiday even more :s-smilie:

that's exactly the same as me!

I only started watching a couple days ago and i've already finished season 2. it's pretty damn good, apart from the parents acting like their children has been perfect and how proud they are of them. it's a bit weird, but whatever.
I love this programme, especially season 2! So many memorable moments, like the Jehovas Witness girl in episode 1: "If my mum saw me smoking right now, she'd be like WHAT?!" Or the curly haired girl who wanted to get laid every night and got so drunk she ended up running into the sea and saying she was going to find a boy there who wanted to have sex with her! Hilarious :biggrin: BUT....my favourite moment of last series had to be that boy who was so desperate to lose his virginity and meet a girl, and he had a really overprotective mother. When his group all missed their flight and had to stay in a hotel at Gatwick, and they invited the girls staying in the room next door into their room for a really awkward "tea party" :')
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 683
I just started watching this show from the Kos episode which I think is S2ep1
I watched this and was like OMG, especially the girl whose parents were Jehovahs Witnesses.
Original post by KritiG
I just started watching this show from the Kos episode which I think is S2ep1
I watched this and was like OMG, especially the girl whose parents were Jehovahs Witnesses.

"if my mum saw me smoking, she'd be like ...WHAT?!!" :biggrin: that line never gets old haha. But I don't see how in the end, her parents were fine with everything she had been doing? o_0
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 685
I found that weird as well, after what they were saying at the beginning, about no excessive drinking etc. And what about the incident where they threw the glass bowl on the guy?
Reply 686
I love this show! Is there going to be a new season coming out?
omg where can i watch Rhys episode ?!?!
Reply 688
Original post by jodieblack
omg where can i watch Rhys episode ?!?!

www.1channel.ch used to have it don't know if they still do
Original post by KritiG
I found that weird as well, after what they were saying at the beginning, about no excessive drinking etc. And what about the incident where they threw the glass bowl on the guy?

I know which episode your referring to, lol those girls hated the guy
Original post by L1000
I love this show! Is there going to be a new season coming out?

yeah, it usually aires in the new year like Jan/Feb time :-)
Anyone else watched the new episode tonight? I didn't like the boy at all, but generally I don't go for boys that are the stupid massive LAD types, only interested in getting pissed all the time and ****ing every girl possible. The parents, they don't seem to be very "strict" at all! In fact I think I heard the boy's mum bragging about how many girls her son can pull on a night out :s-smilie:
Reply 692
Sorry if already mentioned but the lad with the group of girls has got massive burger nips.
The funny thing is the show is called 'Sun Sex Suspicious Parents' but in reality hardly any of them actually have sex, I found it funny how the Welsh guy last night was bragging about how many girls he will get, and ends up sleeping in the corridor or complaining how he never pulled. Such an idiot

Then I didn't understand the girl's parents, they kept complaining about how she went topless, and then at the end they were saying how proud they were of her?! Yeah showing her boobs multiple times on national TV is something to be proud of :rolleyes:
Reply 694
I like how the day before the new season starts (in Magaluf), BBC3 have a program on how dangerous, debaucherous and downright unwholesome Magaluf is (The Truth about Magaluf: Stacey Dooley investigates).

It's almost like BBC3 saying "We got told off for making these holidays with all their binge-drinking and casual nakedness look like crazy fun so we're going to have to put on a responsible show so we don't get put in the naughty corner again. But it's alright cos Stacey Dooley's pretty so we're not losing the yoof market" :smile:
I find that obviously, most of the boys and girls that take part in this programme are chavvy kids with chavvy parents that "pretend" to be strict but actually they don't care what their kids get up to, in fact some of them encourage it! Look at the parents in this programme and you can see why the kids are the way they are. Occasionally there have been some more "normal" sensible kids like that gymnast girl in the first series - I liked her episode a lot because I felt like I could relate to her more. The only parents I actually considered to be really strict are probably the ones of the girl who's dad was an ex club bouncer, I dread to think what punishment she got after the end of that episode, the way they just cut it off abruptly :afraid:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 696
the girl sounded like elmo.
Reply 697
Original post by ruby321
the girl sounded like elmo.

Her voice killed me. I can live with the accent; I know a few girls from Burnley but that was something else. Pissed me off her moaning about her tits too, I didn't think there was anything overly wrong with 'em.
Reply 698
The next episode is in Malia :smile: ... Does anyone know when it was filmed ???
The episode I'm talking about is from last year, a girl (I can't remember what her name was, Sharon?) her dad was a former nightclub bouncer in London and he looked really scary. I remember at one point in the episode she got so drunk she ran against a wall, hit her head and fell over. at the end of the episode when her parents confronted her she ran off crying and her parents followed her then it just cut off her bit with no explanation as to what happened when she got home, they only showed what happened to the other person that was in the episode. Very sinister :frown:

edit: the episode is Series 2 - Ibiza
I don't think it's still on IPlayer though apart from a few clips
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest