The Student Room Group

Opinions needed going mad.

So when I was in the talking stage with my boyfriend now so was wasn’t official he slept with someone else anyway he told me straight away and was like I’m sorry blah blah blah anyway we then become official blah blah things have been going good until I’ve gone onto his phone ( I know I shouldn’t of) saw a random number so I clicked on it and he was asking what the girls name was? But she replied saying what’s your Snapchat? So I confronted him and he said it was a girl from the hotel he went to who worked in the restaurant he assures me nothing happened they just spoke about the area and what he was doing. However how do I know he didn’t sleep with her? Like am I thinking worst case scenario here or is it suspicious. I did say I was going to contact her and asked for her last name and she confirmed he didn’t do anything inappropriate or anything. What do I do
Reply 1
If you aren't dating someone and you haven't set boundaries, he's just a friend and can have sex with other people. Don't see the issue with that.

You clearly don't trust your boyfriend now if you've gone on his phone behind his back; what prompted that? Yes, he can have female friends, but if he just went somewhere with work why would he keep in touch with this girl? Three options: you either move on from it, spend your time tied up in knots and suspicious of everything or leave him.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
If you aren't dating someone and you haven't set boundaries, he's just a friend and can have sex with other people. Don't see the issue with that.

You clearly don't trust your boyfriend now if you've gone on his phone behind his back; what prompted that? Yes, he can have female friends, but if he just went somewhere with work why would he keep in touch with this girl? Three options: you either move on from it, spend your time tied up in knots and suspicious of everything or leave him.
He only messaged her when he was away for work, but I’m scared like what if they slept together or something then
Reply 4
That’s not me? I’ve not been with my boyfriend very long. About 5 months
Original post by Anonymous
That’s not me? I’ve not been with my boyfriend very long. About 5 months

An extraordinary factual coincidence then I'm sure.

Well, on the off chance this is genuine, the problem is of your own making. In relationships of any length your partner will have conversations and interactions with a lot of people that you never get to hear about, including plenty with other women. The reason most don't tell their partners about these interactions is because they are unremarkable and there is no reason to. The only reason that this is an issue for you is because you looked on his phone, which you know you shouldn't have done. The reality is that you must be able to trust your partner. For reasons either arising out of your own insecurities or this incident where he slept with someone before you were official, you do not appear to trust him. But I can't see that that is his fault. Him telling you they didn't sleep together should be enough for you, and her telling you the same thing absolutely should leave you in no doubt. If you still don't trust him after that, I struggle to see how the relationship can have a future.
Reply 6
Original post by Crazy Jamie
An extraordinary factual coincidence then I'm sure.

Well, on the off chance this is genuine, the problem is of your own making. In relationships of any length your partner will have conversations and interactions with a lot of people that you never get to hear about, including plenty with other women. The reason most don't tell their partners about these interactions is because they are unremarkable and there is no reason to. The only reason that this is an issue for you is because you looked on his phone, which you know you shouldn't have done. The reality is that you must be able to trust your partner. For reasons either arising out of your own insecurities or this incident where he slept with someone before you were official, you do not appear to trust him. But I can't see that that is his fault. Him telling you they didn't sleep together should be enough for you, and her telling you the same thing absolutely should leave you in no doubt. If you still don't trust him after that, I struggle to see how the relationship can have a future.
Thanku for your advice. You are right once he and her confirmed I should let it go. I think this is more to do so with me than actually him and the situation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending