The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Winchester?

Hello!

I'm new to this, but I am anxiously waiting for a reply from the University of Winchester. I am applying to study Criminology and I got my four other offers from Aberystwyth, Cheltenham, Leicester and Portsmouth before the end of November.

Has anyone else heard from them for Criminology? :confused:
Reply 1
Welcome to TSR, Yeah I've applied to Winchester for Business Management and got offers from the other four univerisities but not Winchester - They're a bit slow!!
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Reply 2
Hi
I've got an offer from them for Primary Education but my friend, who applied for History, is still waiting though she's got the four other offers back already, and has done for some time. They do seem to just be a bit slow for the other courses.
I'm exactly the same, I've heard from Bath Spa, Lincoln, Roehampton and Portsmouth to do History and haven't heard from Winchester.
Reply 4
Hey Beth112

I've just seen your post about gaining an offer from Winchester for Primary Ed! Well done! I have applied to do this course too however haven't heard a thing from them and was just wondering when you sent your application off and how long it took before you heard about interviews etc? Also, I was wondering if you could give me any tips about the interview day. :smile:
They're the only one I'm waiting on now.

They did send me an email that said "we have received an unprecedented volume of applications this year and that we are giving equal academic consideration, as per UCAS best practice, to all applications received by the UCAS deadline of 15th January.

We can confirm that we are now in receipt of all ‘on-time’ applications from UCAS and are in the final stages of processing these applications, prior to making decisions on offers. "

Hopefully we'll hear back soon!
Reply 6
They are giving offers, they just like to wait until they have all the applications in : )

I applied just before christmas and now have my offer for Ancient, Classical, and Medieval studies.
Reply 7
Original post by KLD
Hey Beth112

I've just seen your post about gaining an offer from Winchester for Primary Ed! Well done! I have applied to do this course too however haven't heard a thing from them and was just wondering when you sent your application off and how long it took before you heard about interviews etc? Also, I was wondering if you could give me any tips about the interview day. :smile:

Hey sorry only just saw this... ummm i sent my application on 18th Nov and heard back on Christmas Eve! So about a month and 2 weeks later.

Tips for the interview day.... just relax and be yourself if they don't think you're suitable for their course you probably wouldn't be happy there anyway. Prepare for the presentation and practise it so you know how long it is and what you need to get through. Cross curricular links in the presentation is always good. I did mine a bit different to everyone else and did it for a specific age group (which was year 4). Everyone else aimed it at a key stage and then said how they would adapt for other age ranges but i don't think either was wrong just different!!

Sorry bit of an info overload there! If you have any specific questions or worries just ask and I'll do my best to help :smile:

I hope you hear back from them soon
Heyy, How did your interview go?? Got one in a few weeks, so scared but really want to do well it's my first choice!!!
I don't know how to use this thing, but could anyone who has had or going to have an interview at Winchester for Primary Ed email me just telling me what we have to do?

Thank you SO MUCH!!

:biggrin:

[email protected]
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending