The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by TotoMimo

Papa John's and Pizza Hut both determine a "portion size" of their medium pizza to be 2 slices. They, however, give the nutritional value per single slice (usually between 300-400 per medium slice). This is reflected in the fact they say one pizza "serves 4 people" as well, I guess.

I have never, ever, ever eaten 2 slices of a large Pizza and thought, hmmm im full. Im probaly like your friends and need to have a full large to myself, if im seriously hungry.

Serving sizes just tell you that there's allot of **** in this "Pizza" so technically it could serve 4, but it doesn't factor that it wont fill you up so technically it isn't a serving. At least in my eyes it doesn't count as a serving more like a portion of how full my stomach is.
I am the only person who sees "serves 4 people" as a challenge to be overcome? :biggrin:
Reply 82
Original post by Sabertooth
I am the only person who sees "serves 4 people" as a challenge to be overcome? :biggrin:

Haha, you'd love one of my mates that thinks a serving size is whatever packet the food came in. From a single Milky Way to a full freezer bag of oven chips, when the packet's open, that's what he believes is the "serving". And I'm not joking, he has an almost OCD-necessity to consume something once it's open.
Reply 83
Original post by Sabertooth

Can't say I'm surprised. You have an American flag in your sig.

I normally eat around half a pizza.
Reply 84
Haha, you'd love one of my mates that thinks a serving size is whatever packet the food came in. From a single Milky Way to a full freezer bag of oven chips, when the packet's open, that's what he believes is the "serving". And I'm not joking, he has an almost OCD-necessity to consume something once it's open.

I've got a friend who eats an entire £5 saisnburys family size meatball pasta bake to himself about once a week.

The funniest thing is he must be only about 9 stone, and around my height (5'10). I've no idea how it works, maybe he just spends a lot of time ****ting?

A freezer bag of oven chips though, thats crazy. Curly fries maybe...

I'm not going to try.
Reply 85
Original post by Teh User

If you're talking about a standard oven pizza (goodfellas type size) or a medium sized takeaway pizza, the that's seriously ****ing lame.

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.:frown:
Reply 86
Original post by Harrifer
If you're talking about a standard oven pizza (goodfellas type size) or a medium sized takeaway pizza, the that's seriously ****ing lame.

A standard oven pizza serves two...

:rofl:
Yeah, I agree with the cereal, at camps we only had tiny bowl fulls. I always max out the size of my bowl, and eat lots of cereal. :yep:
No wonder pasta has the serving size thingy. Pasta has loads of calories, and they aren't going to want to let you know this. :frown: Cereals are probably the same, but I don't have any cereal here to check.

Go Ahead biscuits do the same thing of 1 serving = half a packet. Lame.
This is probably so that you think the Go Ahead biscuit is the 'healthy, sensible' option, compared to chocolate things.

Go Ahead Yogurt (Damn that Americanised spelling) Strawberry biscuit - 35g = 144 calories, 3.6g fat, 14.2g sugar
Wagon Wheel chocolate/marshmallow biscuit - 36g = 156 calories, 5.6g fat, 13.3g sugar
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
I actually normally follow the serving guides; I half everything and measure everything. Even the other day I had to get the scales out to measure something like '100g' of frozen chips, because that's the amount it listed on the packet.

You won't starve, you just think you will. But then, I'm the person who uses a calculator in the supermarket to work out calorie contents per day (680 for today if you're so interested.) :rolleyes:

Oh, and if people want crisps, they sell some in Marks and Spencers at only 89 calories a packet.

Why on Earth has this post got 7 negs?

:s-smilie:
Reply 91
A standard oven pizza serves two...

Two little girls.

A man ought to have his own pizza.
Reply 92
The RDA for alcohol :toofunny:
Reply 93
Original post by Fusion
The RDA for alcohol :toofunny:

The RDA is the equivalent of about 10 pints of lager.

As a maximum amount it's quite reasonable imo. I'm sure I have weeks (or even nights) where I drink more than that(Christmas/new years), but those aren't normal weeks.
Reply 94
The RDA is the equivalent of about 10 pints of lager.

As a maximum amount it's quite reasonable imo. I'm sure I have weeks (or even nights) where I drink more than that(Christmas/new years), but those aren't normal weeks.

The RDA is 3-4 units for men, 1-2 for women. A pint of 5% lager is 2.5 units. That means women who use mouthwash daily can't drink :biggrin:

:five: high five to your friend! I've managed a whole pack of oven chips before, not a feat I wish to repeat anytime soon.

Original post by Teh User

Funnily enough, I'm not fat. :biggrin:

Man, I gotta agree with Harrifer, half one of those oven pizzas? Damn, that's a snack.
Original post by ilickbatteries
Why on Earth has this post got 7 negs?

:s-smilie:

No idea.. :nothing:
I actually normally follow the serving guides; I half everything and measure everything. Even the other day I had to get the scales out to measure something like '100g' of frozen chips, because that's the amount it listed on the packet.

You won't starve, you just think you will. But then, I'm the person who uses a calculator in the supermarket to work out calorie contents per day (680 for today if you're so interested.) :rolleyes:

Oh, and if people want crisps, they sell some in Marks and Spencers at only 89 calories a packet.

You must be seriously losing weight.. I'm dieting on 1350 maximum calorie days...
I guess some people do hardcore dieting, maybe you are doing that?

Because otherwise, :O, you will be burning way more than 680 calories a day even if you sit on the couch all day!

(Edit: Just seen your above post.. Probably that some people would rather neg you than actually, you know, press reply and ask you to clarify. You haven't said anything trollish or offensive, so what's with the neggers? I really hate people's reputation mindset in how they will neg anything :frown: )
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 98
No idea.. :nothing:

its cos you're eating 680 cals a day and are one step away from being ana tbh

I log all my calories on an app on my phone, to make sure I eat a minimum of 3500 and get 200 grams of protein, it comes loaded with approximate values for most foods, and if your food isn't on it you can add to its database yourself
Original post by a_t
its cos you're eating 680 cals a day and are one step away from being ana tbh

:rofl: Really a_t, really?

Anyway, I just restarted since I've been terrible since Christmas and gained loads. :colondollar:

Latest